Who's been on probation?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Having recently been on probation myself, I got to wondering about who else has had the distinction. An informal show of hands would be nice. Banned members need not reply. :D

Note: Probation did me a world of good. It reminded me that I'm here for info and sometimes a few laughs.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Ive been on parole but its not the same thing,the only thing being on parole taught me is that if you have a job your paying lotsa cash to the system & if your indigent you wont pay one red cent.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Having recently been on probation myself, I got to wondering about who else has had the distinction. An informal show of hands would be nice. Banned members need not reply. :D

Note: Probation did me a world of good. It reminded me that I'm here for info and sometimes a few laughs.
Heh.. I recall viewing the main page awhile back and I noticed some guys in bold red and thought that Audioholics added more Moderators:p.

I appears your head is on straight and your time off didn't skew you view of the forum.
Regards, Billy P:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Ive been on parole but its not the same thing,the only thing being on parole taught me is that if you have a job your paying lotsa cash to the system & if your indigent you wont pay one red cent.
You know I meant Audioholics probation, right? :confused:
Heh.. I recall viewing the main page awhile back and I noticed some guys in bold red and thought that Audioholics added more Moderators:p.

I appears your head is on straight and your time off didn't skew you view of the forum.
Regards, Billy P:D
I thought my name in bold red letters looked good. Finally, some recognition. :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Haven't been on Probation. I've been banned a few times, and had 2 infractions.

SheepStar

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
I have been tagged to ignore as if I have nothing to offer...beat that!:)

J

jamie2112

Banned
Never been probated although I think you name in red was Rad....

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I've been on probation several times. As long as you have a cool probation officer it's not that bad. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Haven't been on Probation. I've been banned a few times, and had 2 infractions.

SheepStar
I've been on probation several times. As long as you have a cool probation officer it's not that bad. :D
I feel honored to be in such fine company yet out classed. :cool:
Johnd ain't been back since but I know he's lurking in stealth mode. ;)

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
can you guys see my post or am I so bad I am now invisible?:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I feel honored to be in such fine company yet out classed. :cool:
Johnd ain't been back since but I know he's lurking in stealth mode. ;)
Johnd? I don't know who that is. I do know Chump Change though. I like to call him that, because he likes to call me "Sheepster". It's a pet name I have for him.

SheepStar

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, where the heck is Johnd? I think he average about 100 post a day trying so hard to defibrillate HD-DVD.:D He never post again after they put him on probation.:confused:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, where the heck is Johnd? I think he average about 100 post a day trying so hard to defibrillate HD-DVD.:D He never post again after they put him on probation.:confused:
must be looking for cheap 1 dollar laser discs :) (and players)

:D

just kidding johnd ... :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Our friend will be back. AH is like the mob ..... you don't quit. You go away for awhile. :cool:

jinjuku

jinjuku

When did JohnD go on probation? Fortunately I haven't pissed anyone off enough to get slapped down. I was wondering why I was having such a pleasant time here for the past few weeks.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
When did JohnD go on probation? Fortunately I haven't pissed anyone off enough to get slapped down. I was wondering why I was having such a pleasant time here for the past few weeks.
I don't think it is a question of whether you "pissed anyone off enough", but rather a question of whether you say something that isn't considered to be acceptable. For example, calling someone a "moron", who just demonstrated that they were a moron, would likely get you on probation or banned. Whether your comments angered anyone participating in the thread or not is probably irrelevant. And whether your comments were true, accurate, and a fair representation is probably also irrelevant. Of course, an administrator would have to notice such comments in order to take action, and then an administrator might take different actions on different days, depending upon his or her frame of mind at that particular moment.

In other words, probably what will get you on probation or banned will be some form of "incivility", and I would guess that how far one could push the matter would depend upon the subject in question. For example, I would suspect that one could get away with more comments regarding Scientology and its followers than with comments about main-stream religion and their followers, though, of course, this likely depends upon the views of the administrators.

I suppose I should also add, that the above is my guess, and it is not to be construed as being in any way representative of the official policies of this or any other web site. For that kind of information, I suggest contacting the web site through official channels.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis