L

lindaw76107

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>We have just completed building a new home and installed left and right speaker pairs in the master bedroom, kitchen/breakfast, back patio and a lone speaker in the master bathroom.  Any recommendations on receivers and/or amplifiers to feed the system?  I am new at this so layperson's terms please.  Thanks so much for any shared knowledge!  
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LongBinh6

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Linda,

You need to check out &quot;speakers selectors&quot;.  They allow you to hook up more than just two sets of speakers and not have problems with the speaker &quot;impedence.&quot;  Go to www.crutchfield.com and search for &quot;speaker selectors and distrbutors.&quot;  Niles company is a major maker of these products.  Niles also makes a multi-speaker (up to 6 pairs I think) all-in-one receiver.  Go to www.nilesaudio.com.  Good luck.

LB6  

P.S. &nbsp;Crutchfield is an online dealer. &nbsp;They have an excellent website with lots of easy to understand help. &nbsp;Their customer service and phone help is superb! &nbsp;You can get cheaper prices elswhere but Crutchfield will give you the staight scoop.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
<font color='#000000'>You could also go the route of a multi-room amplifier like this one.

There are others, but a multi-channel amplifier will get you amplified sound throughout the home.</font>

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Hi
or if you want something that is better built and less expensive than Sherbourn &nbsp;try the Knoll MR-1250F
12 channel multi zone power amp &nbsp;
I am not a big fan of Sherbourn. I ordered 5 each 5 -1500 amps and all of them &nbsp;had buzzing transformers &nbsp;I &nbsp;was told it
must have happened in shipping &nbsp;This was from Ron Fone of Sherbourn &nbsp; needless to say i no longer represent the line
I have never had a single Knoll problem &nbsp;Russound is also a good bang for the buck Multi Room amp
Hope this helps
Ray</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I just ordered a HK 525 receiver ($700) with second zone output and a HK PA400 amp ($400) for powering up to 10 speaker pairs throughout my new house being built.
Check it out if on a budget . HK's can take 4 ohm loads so the Pa4000 can run up to 8 speaker pairs and the 525's rear channels can be set up to run 2 of them, for a total of 10.

I looked into Niles, etc. but with the cost, I felt that this set up for $1100 gave me the best bang &nbsp;for the buck</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis