Who traded in their 360 Premium for an Elite?

J

jmy350z

Enthusiast
Has anyone traded in their 360 Premium for an Elite? What did you get for a trade in? I am thinking about doing this. My Premium is so loud.Just waiting for it to crash. I don't want to be stuf without a system when all the new stuff starts coming out.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Well I had a friend do it and he got 270 for his premium and just paid the difference for the elite. If you ask me let it die then use that extended warrenty that Microsoft handed out to get a newer premium with the upgraded chipset.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Has anyone traded in their 360 Premium for an Elite? What did you get for a trade in? I am thinking about doing this. My Premium is so loud.Just waiting for it to crash. I don't want to be stuf without a system when all the new stuff starts coming out.
I did. I got $250 for the console and a couple of extra bucks for the other stuff in the box (ethernet cable, headset, etc). EBGames had a promotion going, but i think it's over now.

When i did it, my console was about a week over its (then) 1-year red ring of death warranty and i didnt' want to take any chances as it was starting to act a little flaky.

It is a little quieter, but is still ridiculously loud. Personally, it's not worth it IMO unless HDMI is important to you or your console is on it's way out. At the time, it would have cost me $140 if my console died to get a refurb back, vs. about $220 for a new Elite.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis