Who makes the best PC speaker set?

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
The Klipsch models I am talking about are the ProMedia Ultras. Those are not bad sounding speakers. They have much better bass (not boomy), better mids, and better highs than the Logitechs.

B

Blundaar

Audioholic
Sheep said:
The ifi's.

SheepStar
Oh, please. Theyre as good sounding as the weakest link (and that includes the room).
Like most people at Best buy know what they're doing in the first place ("Search your feelings. You KNOW it to be true.")...
I take it you were referring to these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Blundaar said:
Oh, please. Theyre as good sounding as the weakest link (and that includes the room).
Like most people at Best buy know what they're doing in the first place ("Search your feelings. You KNOW it to be true.")...
I take it you were referring to these.
No, I was talking about the ifi's.

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=907

As far as Environment, I have used my Logitech Z2200s in my yard for parties, and IMO, its what they were meant for.

SheepStar

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vashti

Enthusiast
I've been deciding between A-L 6021 and ifi as well. Anyone know if either is better for my application?

I need something very small to go in a computer armoire (which means it's basically sitting in a 3 sided box beside a lcd display. I'd rather it be silver to match my apple cinema display. I only have 4.75" on each side of the display. Sub will go on the floor. Thanks!!

B

Blundaar

Audioholic
Sheep said:
No, I was talking about the ifi's.

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=907

As far as Environment, I have used my Logitech Z2200s in my yard for parties, and IMO, its what they were meant for.

SheepStar
Oh. Haven't been paying attention to what's out there of late.
As far as Logitechs, I never could find a 2.1 system to my liking at the time (which was over a year ago), I'm not remotely set up for 5.1 in my computer room, and I thought they were just plain ugly (one of those really big considerations, I know). Need to find a good store to hear what I've been missing of late.

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
That's interesting. I never knew Best Buy would have a set of iFis, since they aren't on the website, and none of the Best Buys in the Bay Area around me (around 4-5) have ever sold anything Klipsch other than the 2.0 Ultra, 2.1 and 5.1 Promedias. I also can't find anything online about BB deals for the iFi, unlike that for Costco, which are quite prevalent.

How much do they sell them at the Best Buy you saw? The full $400?

I do find the comparison you made funny.

"iFi? Nothing compared to bookshelves!"

"want PC speakers, get Logitechs!"

Sounds like Anselm's ontological argument for the existence of God where he keeps interchanging the definition of "greatness."

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Blundaar said:
Oh. Haven't been paying attention to what's out there of late.
As far as Logitechs, I never could find a 2.1 system to my liking at the time (which was over a year ago), I'm not remotely set up for 5.1 in my computer room, and I thought they were just plain ugly (one of those really big considerations, I know). Need to find a good store to hear what I've been missing of late.
The X230s are SWEET speakers for the $. They don't have the bloated bass and harsh highs of the Z and THX series.

I HIGHLY recommend these speakers.

SheepStar

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
So SheepStar, where's this best buy you are talking about, and do you remember the price they were selling these iFis?

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
I take this silence to mean you never actually saw or heard iFis at Best Buy.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Sheep lives in Canada. I have never seen the Ifi's in a Best Buy in the US. Here, they only carry the ProMedia models. Your profile doesn't say where you live.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
ichigo said:
I take this silence to mean you never actually saw or heard iFis at Best Buy.
No, I was on vacation.

I saw them in the Best Buy near Coqutilam Center to be exact.

I've heard them, I didn't like them, the X230s are better speakers for the money.

Oh, BTW, watch the attitude.

SheepStar

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
Sheep said:
I've heard them, I didn't like them, the X230s are better speakers for the money.
I disagree. Besides, those Revel M22s at Best Buy are the best by far.

Sheep said:
Oh, BTW, watch the attitude.
SheepStar
Or what? Please elucidate.

B

Blundaar

Audioholic
Sheep said:
Oh, BTW, watch the attitude. SheepStar
Be careful, he's Canadian.
They're very sensitive:D

PS-Actually, I love the country and the people. This is a friendly dig!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
ichigo said:
I disagree. Besides, those Revel M22s at Best Buy are the best by far.
The Canadian Best Buys don't have the same selection as the American Ones. We didn't have any Athena or JBL in our Home Theater departments.

I highly doubt Best Buy has Revel M22s, Unless it was in magnolia. Besides, we're talking about computer speakers.

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis