Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
majorloser said:
Looks beautiful to me!!!!

As far as driving, need to step up to a AWD or 4WD vehicle. There's always a place to play if you own a Subaru or 4WD pickup. ;)
Actually, my car isn't as bad as I though. I just whipped a Talon ESI up a big local hill. Civic Si Nation!

I have to post from my friends house though, because I don't have any power :(

I should be back up soon,

SheepStar

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
My Civic handeled the snow surprisingly well today. I didn't slip once getting out of my driveway, which this morning was a solid sheet of ice. Luckily at work we used the Subaru for all but the last two calls. That was when I discovered how TERRIBLE the Isuzu NPR box truck is in the snow. I pulled off to the side where there was only about 2" of snow and nearly got stuck. Then I had to drive down a long, steep, windy, and unplowed driveway in the dark and drag a Mitsubishi rear projection CRT through the snow. Fun way to end the day.... :rolleyes: Then I had to get back up the driveway.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Well, apparently winter has arrived in Phoenix. It's forecast to be in the 60's and 70's for the week.
There are now two types of people driving on the freeways. Type 1 - Speed limit says 65, do 75. Type 2 - Speed limit says (insert number) do 10 under and randomly swerve...I cannot stand the snowbirds and their Cadillacs/Lincolns/SUVs. It's much more dangerous to drive around here now. Then again, all hell breaks loose for about an hour when it drizzles. No one knows how drive in "wet" weather.

I've just now been able to drive with all my windows down and the sunroof open without sweating. It's quite nice. But it's also nice to have some actual seasons here. I may actually get to see all the leaves on my ash tree fall off. It usually happens the three days I'm gone at Christmas. It's quite amazing - one day they're literally still on and the next morning, poof, all barren and the leaves are laying in my neighbors yard!

I do miss the snow...

-pat

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
Hmmmm, this "snow" stuff sounds like an interesting concept.

Mort (PRK native)

D

doomguardian

Audioholic
Just got dumped with about 3ft of snow here in Winnipeg.

majorloser

majorloser

pzaur said:
Well, apparently winter has arrived in Phoenix. It's forecast to be in the 60's and 70's for the week.
There are now two types of people driving on the freeways. Type 1 - Speed limit says 65, do 75. Type 2 - Speed limit says (insert number) do 10 under and randomly swerve...I cannot stand the snowbirds and their Cadillacs/Lincolns/SUVs. It's much more dangerous to drive around here now. Then again, all hell breaks loose for about an hour when it drizzles. No one knows how drive in "wet" weather.

I've just now been able to drive with all my windows down and the sunroof open without sweating. It's quite nice. But it's also nice to have some actual seasons here. I may actually get to see all the leaves on my ash tree fall off. It usually happens the three days I'm gone at Christmas. It's quite amazing - one day they're literally still on and the next morning, poof, all barren and the leaves are laying in my neighbors yard!

I do miss the snow...

-pat
Oh, I supposed you think your state is the worst state for snowbirds.........NOT.
They're the state bird here in Florida (hopefully some day they'll have a hunting season :rolleyes: )

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
No, no, no. I just said that I hate it when they arrive.

I've driven in Florida ONCE and I don't think I'll do it any time soon again. I don't know about Florida, but Arizona does everything it can to encourage senior citizen driving. I mean, for god's sake, my driver's license doesn't expire until I hit 64! Imagine not having to retake a driving test until I can retire!

Every year there is a small push to have that changed, which it should be, but it gets voted down every November....hmmmm....November - snowbirds - voting down anything positive that costs a little more money (dig towards people who vote down education funding) - voting down driver's tests - voting in general....

I will never say that Arizona's snowbirds/senior drivers are worse than Florida's! I don't want to live in a state with that honor!! :D

-pat

- I do realize that beginning driver's are bad - they just usually have smaller cars and do more than the speed limit.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
majorloser said:
They're the state bird here in Florida (hopefully some day they'll have a hunting season :rolleyes: )

Do you really want to hang a 90 year old rack on your wall??!!

I'm all for a real life version of Death Race 2000 in Florida or Arizona during the winter months!

-pat

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I wish we can get snow down here, it'll keep out the snowbirds now, then the hurricanes will take care of the rest come summer:D

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
I just spent 6 hours getting over Donner Pass between Sacramento and Reno - Usuallly takes 2 hours. On the good side, the Tahoe ski resorts are opening! I love to play in it, then go home to the sunshine.:D

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
Buckle-meister said:
...head east to Inverness (visiting Colloden battlefield if you wish), known locally as the capital of the Highlands, before turning south, past the Cairngorms...
Oh, I forgot to mention that Scotland also has a Yeti. :D Yes, it's true. :cool: When driving past the Cairngorms, and Ben MacDui specifically, keep your eyes peeled and you may just get lucky with a sighting. Watch out at this time of year though, as his coat turns white and you'll not see 'im until 'e's almost on top of you. :eek: Not good. :(

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis