Which streaming services provide hi res audio file above 24 bit 192Khz

C

Chris Anderson

Junior Audioholic
Which streaming services provide hi tes audio file above 24 bit 192Khz

C

Chris Anderson

Junior Audioholic
Any one with proper knowledge to answer my question?????

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Any one with proper knowledge to answer my question?????
Yeah...Google.
When you type in "32 bit 738 kHz" the first result, and about the only result is your post.
Just ask which streaming service provides "minty fresh chocolate covered audio morsels" if you are just making stuff up.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Which streaming services provide hi tes audio file above 24 bit 192Khz
I have to ask why you want to hog and waste bandwidth like that? No sane person would want to do that, and personally I consider it gratuitous greed and antisocial. 16 Bit gets you to 20 KHz the absolute limit of human hearing. A 24bit 96 KHz file gives you 144db dynamic range which is already overkill. So anything above 24 bit 96 KHz is just bandwidth hogging and providing zero benefit. You can not argue against that as it is mathematical fact. So even at that level you are into audiophoolery. For most program the CD 44.1 16 bit is entirely adequate. So on my DAW when working with files I never waste disc space on these absurd numbers. Those numbers you are talking about are absolute audiophoolery. Most systems can even handle CDs properly, at least on the speaker end. It takes a massive system and wide dynamic program to even handle a 24/96 file without signal to noise and or clipping issues. I know as I have put together a system that can handle dynamic range above CD spec. cleanly, but few can.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why would it matter, doubt you can even tell the difference of a lower resolution vs 24/192? Expanding a native format is pretty silly, too.

C

Chris Anderson

Junior Audioholic
Here go ---In addition to CDs and SACDs, it also plays MQA files and MQA CDs, if you’re so inclined. It also supports file formats such as WAV and AIFF up to 738 kHz / 32 bit, FLAC and ALAC up to 384 kHz / 24 bit and DSD up to 11.2 MHz. The USB-B input on the back is used to stream via USB cable, and it supports high-resolution audio from the laptop Technics' new proprietary coherent processing technology improves the reproducibility of impulse signals by minimising amplitude and phase deviations that occur throughout the D/A conversion process for signals up to 192 kHz PCM using proprietary digital signal processing*. With this processing, purity of the sound is increased, and the sound image is clearer. So looks like this what I ask is not stupid it is the way I was thinking it is possible to upscale the signal up to 192 kHz for better sound but no Chris is childish and stupid 16bit 44,1 kHz is max what you will get bla bla bla
If for example Technics create machine with high resolution audio sound is mean it is possible to listen in hi res right?

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Technics already answered your question....that damn player does everything. :)

Too bad that the "hi-res" formats they tout don't exist and aren't needed in the real world.
32 bit is a studio overhead format to decrease possible distortion/overload during mixing. A file recorded in that format would be the size of a dvd movie....and, it would sound the same as a cd file.

Like TLS Guy has told you...16/44 is all that is really needed.
Why don't you just ask the streaming services if they have what you think you need...I'm sure they will be happy to sell you something.
Lots of people are chugging on that "hi-res" kool-aid currently.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Here go ---In addition to CDs and SACDs, it also plays MQA files and MQA CDs, if you’re so inclined. It also supports file formats such as WAV and AIFF up to 738 kHz / 32 bit, FLAC and ALAC up to 384 kHz / 24 bit and DSD up to 11.2 MHz. The USB-B input on the back is used to stream via USB cable, and it supports high-resolution audio from the laptop Technics' new proprietary coherent processing technology improves the reproducibility of impulse signals by minimising amplitude and phase deviations that occur throughout the D/A conversion process for signals up to 192 kHz PCM using proprietary digital signal processing*. With this processing, purity of the sound is increased, and the sound image is clearer. So looks like this what I ask is not stupid it is the way I was thinking it is possible to upscale the signal up to 192 kHz for better sound but no Chris is childish and stupid 16bit 44,1 kHz is max what you will get bla bla bla
If for example Technics create machine with high resolution audio sound is mean it is possible to listen in hi res right?
Oh dear, you do have a lot to learn. Yes, you can upscale a bit stream, but in reality it is still in its native quality, and in fact the stream is identical to its native state, and all the extra bits are actually doing nothing. This is a common misconception. Once you compress a bit stream you can never re-expand it again, even if the numbers tell you, you have.

Lastly in general players are not handy streamers. If you want the optimal in digital audio, then you need to build a digital audio workstation loaded with pro software, and a pro DAC. This is not only handy, will give you access to pretty much anything you want, and will also show you what is really going on. Unfortunately you have fallen victim to a lot of common misapprehensions. I have used DAWs for audio since the end of the DASH recording era, and was an early adopter of computer based audio, and had one before the vast majority of major outfits had them. I had my first one just over twenty years ago now.

So, the answer to your last question is an absolute resounding NO!

highfigh

highfigh

I have to ask why you want to hog and waste bandwidth like that? No sane person would want to do that, and personally I consider it gratuitous greed and antisocial. 16 Bit gets you to 20 KHz the absolute limit of human hearing. A 24bit 96 KHz file gives you 144db dynamic range which is already overkill. So anything above 24 bit 96 KHz is just bandwidth hogging and providing zero benefit. You can not argue against that as it is mathematical fact. So even at that level you are into audiophoolery. For most program the CD 44.1 16 bit is entirely adequate. So on my DAW when working with files I never waste disc space on these absurd numbers. Those numbers you are talking about are absolute audiophoolery. Most systems can even handle CDs properly, at least on the speaker end. It takes a massive system and wide dynamic program to even handle a 24/96 file without signal to noise and or clipping issues. I know has I have put together a system that can handle dynamic range above CD spec. cleanly, but few can.
20K isn't an absolute- if it were, nobody would be able to hear above that frequency.

highfigh

highfigh

You need to look at the big picture- the internet is for the masses, not one user. It's not customizable,
it has to work with a wide variety of equipment. The CD format works but if you want higher bit rate/frequencies, it's not coming over the internet, it would be from other hardware in YOUR network or connected directly to the player.

In the mass market, it's not possible to provide the bitrate and frequencies you want because the internet has limits that fall below them.

highfigh

highfigh

Maybe someone sells a cable that will allow this. AQ? Where are you?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

20K isn't an absolute- if it were, nobody would be able to hear above that frequency.
20 KHz is essentially an absolute max, in fact it is optimistic. I have seen a lot of audiograms in my time, and in adults I have never seen one that reaches 20 KHz, in most 16 KHz is a the max and most scatter between 12 and 15 KHz.

highfigh

highfigh

20 KHz is essentially an absolute max, in fact it is optimistic. I have seen a lot of audiograms in my time, and in adults I have never seen one that reaches 20 KHz, in most 16 KHz is a the max and most scatter between 12 and 15 KHz.
Ever been in the area of the old ultrasonic motion sensors that were used in the '60s and '70s? When I was in high school, they were turned on after 4PM because most of the school was supposed to be without students and if we needed to go to those areas, it was so we could go to our locker in order to retrieve our coats/books, etc after meetings or sports. s soon as I and some others were in the area of the sensors, they were incredibly annoying. I asked the head of maintenance about them and he said they operated above 20KHz. Obviously, this was before our ears had been bombarded by the noise of modern life and the idiots who insist on forcing our exposure, but it was clearly audible. They weren't large and if something had been loose, it would have been a different sound.

I disagreed because of the use of 'absolute'- either it is, or it isn't.

When I started college, one of my professors would occasionally allow Q&A on various topics and one of them had to do with the way people stupidly abuse their ears/hearing. There's nothing accidental about it and it could have been avoided, but "I don't need ear plugs" is far too common. Even driving or riding in a car with the windows open causes this and the car doesn't need a loud exhaust. Then, there are the ones who damaged their hearing because they used headphones or ear buds- I know many who did this.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
The two-year-old is back.
1686693799313.png

I believe you said this in another post from our OP on this line of unreasonable thought.
It applies. This line of thought is a dead end. I believe the obvious points about the CD standard have been raised and yet the OP insists things can be done at higher resolutions. He is a prime candidate for one of those High-Resolution Audio services that takes soup and calls it consommé and charges double for it.

I did enjoy @highfigh talking about 20,000hz and our ability to hear it. I almost always balk at absolutes since absolutes are rarely true. So any statement that says "always" or "never" usually raises my eyebrows because exceptions abound. 20khz as an upper end is pretty well accepted for human hearing because damn near nobody can actually hear music or instruments played at that range. We can "sense" things in that range (I believe that was your point) but not really hear tones presented there with any reliability. @TLS Guy mentioned seeing audiograms and virtually nobody gets even close to that range. I know my range is somewhere south of 16K on my very best day.

So what's the point of the OP and his fantastic range request? If one can't hear the limits of the CD standard, what's the point of venturing beyond it? For most of us, there isn't one. For those who love fantastic tales and golden eared experiences, there's snake oil aplenty to take you there. For a small additional fee of course.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis