Which speakers for bedroom? for going to sleep. .

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
I use a 2 channel amp and“ usually “ keep the sound low. Which bookshelf speakers would you recommend.
Preferably front ported but not ported is an option. No sub. Under $500.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Monoprice K-BAS, true 40 Hz extension and nice balanced sound, wide dispersion, on sale right now for $360/pair, normally $500 a pair.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I have rear ported Q Acoustics 3020 bookshelf speakers in my bedroom system. I use a Rythmik L12 sub but they sound good on their own too. (I’m just a Bassaholic... ). I also have the matching 3090 center as well.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
The RBH R-5E Impressions Series Elite bookshelves for under $240 (phantom black) or $265 (high-gloss black) seem like a good bargain, spec wise.
https://rbhsound.com/r5e.php

If you’re willing to spend slightly more then the HSU CCB-8 bookshelves for $700 (satin black) are even a better deal with a bigger sound stage.
http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/ccb-8.html

Either way u can’t go wrong. I will say though that a sub-woofer may be needed for a full-range sound, especially for those lower frequencies, if u ever decide to blast it occasionally. Otherwise you’re good as is. Good luck and enjoy the quest.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
For making you fall asleep? :D

Like listening to classical music or soft instrumental/elevator music or natural sound (raindrop, waterfall) ? :D

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Yeah but not waterfalls or rain, I’m not as young as I used to be!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Yeah but not waterfalls or rain, I’m not as young as I used to be!
If you are going to place these speakers at the headboard of the bed, get something that sounds good in the near-field. Any of the Kef speakers that use the Uni-Q drivers should do the trick here. There are other speakers that would work well in this application too. The Monolith K-BAS speakers don't sound great in the near-field, but if you place them at a distance, I don't think you can do better in bass performance for the price/size ratio. You might also consider powered monitors like JBL LSR300s, Mackie MR series, Yamaha HS series, Behringer Truth series, all solid speakers, and their sound field is designed to integrate in the near-field. They will all have very good bass extension too.

V

Victor rODRIGUEZ

Audioholic Intern
I would recommend the mordaunt short m10 or mezzo are good speakers at an affordable price
m10.jpg

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Unfortunately, the XSAT from Emotiva sold out. Those are a solid little speaker for under $100. Small but decent bass for the price/size.

AAs are large, but inexpensive and sound great.

NHTs are also a good choice.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis