which reciever of these two should I buy

E

enigma

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Greetings from COSTA RICA!!!
yes there are some audio aficionados down here... believe it or not...
Ok my question is the following:
I have two choices for reciever:
YAMAHA RXV 800 (heard great things about this one) priced at 400 dollars,
and DENON AVR 1603 (new model)
the yamaha is rated 100 true watts rms, the denon 80 watt true watts rms .
Which is a better choice both for cimena and music?
also anyone can recommend me the ENERGY TAKE 5.2 speaker system ? heard great stuff
THANXX</font>

E

enigma

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>YES FORGOT to tell you that the denon is for 300 dollars</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
enigma : <font color='#000000'>YES FORGOT to tell you that the denon is for 300 dollars</font>
<font color='#000000'>Go Yamaha, the RXV-800 is an excellent choice.</font>

E

elkano

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>enigma;

I am an audio aficionado from San Juan, P.R. &nbsp;go Yamaha. &nbsp;I recently had the same situation choosing between Yamaha and Denon and after researching and carefully listening went the Yamaha road. &nbsp;Better DSP formats. &nbsp;Although some people not necessarily use them. &nbsp;They are there as well as some other cool options.

elkano</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Elkano,

Before you spend your hard-earned money, take a deeper look into the specs. &nbsp;Which receiver's amp is more stable (into 8/6/4 ohm loads)? &nbsp;Which amp provides more current (more valuable and telling than mere wattage)? &nbsp;Which has better overload protection and thermal cooling? &nbsp;What are the distortion numbers? &nbsp;Which has a better build quality? &nbsp;Who provides the best warranty, and then where can you go for local, reliable support? &nbsp;All questions that can be easily answered by reading the manual, a knowledgable rep, or a quick email to the manufacturer.

The issue of which unit sounds better is moot. &nbsp;Properly assembled and then matched to the right speakers and driven within their limits, both will sound as measured.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis