Which projector should I buy on my $3000 - $6000 budget????

H

HT4ME

Audioholic Intern
Hey guys and dolls, greetings from my humble half-made man cave.

Today I bring a question of great significance to the building of my home theater: what projector should I purchase? The only rule in your response is NOT to reply with anything over $6000. So far, I only have to recommendations on my very short list: JVC DILA 1080p 3D projector and Sony 6030UB projector.

Please add your favs so I can start focusing on other things like building the home theater! :)

Thanks in advance!

With much appreciation,

F

Fungui

Enthusiast
I am also interested in projectors at this price point. What features are you most interested in? For instance, I don't particularly care about 3D, so other features are more important to me. Do you have solid light control?

B

blcskate

Junior Audioholic
Start Here:
Top 10 Home Theater Projectors

I have owned several of these projectors. Everything depends on your situation. In a completely light controlled room I highly recommend the Epson 5030ub (e - wireless hdmi) and the Panny PT-AE8000. Both are amazing 1080p projectors. The 5030UB has good 3d as well, but no projectors have great 3D unless you get 2 of them and do a really good passive setup.

I will be very blunt about this. Anything over $3,000 right now is almost zero gain in light controlled room. The only reason you would step above this is to become an early 4k adopter. That is outside of your listed price range. The Sony 4k projectors are amazing, but still very expensive and there is no major content. I had the same decision to make and decided to keep the 5030ub instead of going 4k right now.

LED projectors are still lacking as well.

B

blcskate

Junior Audioholic
On a side note. Right now the Pannisonic PT-AE8000 is the cheapest I have ever seen it on VisualApex right now. 2249-350 rebate. Great price, but I am sure its because we are getting close to fall. Most of these projectors will see a refresh in the fall. I have a 5030ub now and if something sexy comes out in Sep I will buy that and sell mine. Resale on good projectors is pretty good.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis