Which is best digital AV Receiver and Why?

S

Sage

Audiophyte
I am looking to buy a digital AV Receiver that will compliment my new 60" DLP HDTV with HDMI connection. In addition I have 6.1 speakers, Dish satellite and a progressive DVD unit. What do you recommend? I want the best.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
Hi Sage. Welcome to Audioholics.

You didn't give us a budget, but the two most highly recommended in most of these posts are the Denon 3805 and the Yamaha 2400. Both are around $ 1100.

S

Sage

Audiophyte
Reply on Best Ditigal AV Rec for $1500-2000 discounted

That is my price range $1500-2000. Something that enhances HDTV and determines best acoustics in room also.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
the Denon will self-determine the acoustics in your room, but you will have to buy an optional microphone (it's maybe $ 65).

the Yamaha will give you 27 different sound processors (ie concert, rock, church, etc) and has some really unique movie capabilities, including a phantom from sound that images vertical movement.

go check them out and see which sound is right for you.

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
If your budget is that high, check out Rotel and NAD. They should be the best performing (sounding) receivers out there. The Denon and Yamaha should have more bells and whistles.

S

Sage

Audiophyte
Well, actually I think I am going in the direction of the Pioneer Elite VSX-56TXi. Is that a smart decision?

W

Westrock2000

Junior Audioholic
Also a feature to consider...and I don't know which do, but ones that will convert one video input to another...like composite to S-vid, or S-vid to compnent....that way you don't have three sets of inputs running to your TV. I think several high end models do this....at least with composite to S-video.

amx

amx

Audiophyte
i would say if you want a good receiver go with the Denon 3805 or the 4802R

These two reciever are great audio and video reciever with tons of connections. The only recievers that have HDMI and DVI input and output are the High end Denon Receivers that have just been released. They are the $4000+ range. I think sony has one model too which is much cheaper then the denon. But sound cost-benift ration the denon beats most receivers out there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis