Which Headphones ? Need opinions

S

sowhatt

Audiophyte
Hey I'm looking for some new headphones. I've had beats by dre studios for over a year now and I'm looking to switch. I understand beats are not great headphones, so I came to these forums to get advice from real audiophiles. My price range would be up to 450, I'm looking for the best audio quality I can get, noise cancelling would be nice but isn't necessary, DEFINITELY want headphones that don't leak badly, and are as comfortable/durable as possible Much appreciated.

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
Here are a few well regarded options for you:

Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B QuietPoint Active Noise-Cancellin​g Closed-Back Headphones
Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphones
Denon AHD2000
Audio-Technica ATH-M50

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Although the idea of giving a positive impression of any product marketed by Monster Incapable almost makes me sick, I will say that Beats by Dre models are not bad headphones at all. The caveat to buying them is that a lot of the money goes into the marketing rather than the product, in effect making them pricewise in line with models that are simply better performing. Getting Beats at a reasonable price isn't a bad way to go.

Of the models jp_over recommends, I can vouch for the Denon AHD2000 depending on what you are looking for. There are other models with slightly better bass reproduction that miss the detail in the highs that these Denon can handle. They're pretty comfortable as well. I'd suggest a local excursion though to check them out. I recommend you bring along an MP3 player with a good DSP (Sansa Clip being my favorite) that can decode FLAC files and have some of your preferred tunes on hand. That's your best best to find what's really best for you.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis