which center speaker to buy. please advice

S

sanu83

Enthusiast
Hello Guys,

I need your advice on which center speaker is better to buy for my home theater system based on my budget.

1. KEF Q250C Single Centre Speaker
2. Focal Vestia Center 2-Way Centre Speaker

3. Bowers & Wilkins HTM6 S2 Anniversary Edition

please find my home theater system details below.
SR7012 amplifier
Monitor audio br5 floor speakers
mirage surround speakers

mirage sub woofer.

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hello Guys,

I need your advice on which center speaker is better to buy for my home theater system based on my budget.

SR7012 amplifier
mirage surround speakers

mirage sub woofer.
Number 1 with question.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Are you going to upgrade the towers also to match which ever center? If not, then the matching MA Bronze center.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The MA Bronze center (C150) is only a two-way, maybe the Silver instead....

Or ideally a third tower if it can be utilized to match across the front....

S

sanu83

Enthusiast
My budget is around 500 pounds. I am not planning to upgrade the towers.

BBHT

BBHT

Junior Audioholic
If you can, go audition the speakers. It can really help you make a decision.

But out of your choices, I'd probably go with the KEF. I liked their Q range, but seems to be overpriced / always out of stock here (Singapore).

An alternative that I shortlisted (but didn't get a chance to audition), was the Dali Spektor range. The centre is called the Vokal. Can't go wrong for 200 quid (from Richer Sounds)

P

Phil J N.Z.

Junior Audioholic
Hello Guys,

SR7012 amplifier
mirage surround speakers

mirage sub woofer.
Don't buy the B&W HTM6 S2 as it is actual 4ohms, found this out the hard way with my old Marantz SR6007 it burned out the centre channel on the AVR, thankfully on my new SR7015 I can change the setting in the AVR so it will not be damaged.

S

sanu83

Enthusiast
There is no auditions available in the country where I live. I have to order online only.
Any advice about the Focal Vestia Center 2-Way Centre Speaker.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
There is no auditions available in the country where I live. I have to order online only.
2 way centers are a compromise, out of your list the KEF is the best option.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Depends on your seating arrangement. 2-way centre speakers can create a combing effect which basically creates some cancellation in certain frequencies when off axis. If you have a single seating position then a 2-way centre can be ok, but for multiple seating positions a 3-way or a concentric speakers like the KEF Q series is preferred. I have not seen measurements for the Vestia Center yet but the new Vestia line is getting good general reviews for price/performance. Unless the Vestia is a bargain, I would also recommend the KEF which is known to be a good speaker.

Is the matching Bronze or Silver MA centre not an option?

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The MA Bronze center (C150) is only a two-way, maybe the Silver instead....

Or ideally a third tower if it can be utilized to match across the front....
This is the right answer right here. MA's C250 (7G) centre is only 699 pounds, well worth an extra 200 in my humble opinion.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
@tculverjames Finding the size dimension center channel speaker to fit your space, is the question. Do a search on those mfg's you mentioned, look at their dimensions, and see if will fit your space. If there is a wall behind the center speaker, you will probably need to allow a 6" air space minimum, for best performance.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, having members do all of that research is a bit much. Find some centre speakers that fit your cabinet and report back with the make and model numbers. Members can then recommend what should work best.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
My budget is around 500 pounds. I am not planning to upgrade the towers.
It doesn’t matter what you pick front 3 won’t be matching drivers , but you may not care or even notice the mis match .. pick which you like then best or audition them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis