Which brand makes the best quality loudspeakers?

Who makes the best speakers

• Aperion Audio

Votes: 22 3.1%
  • Axiom Audio

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • B&W

Votes: 154 22.0%
  • Harman (JBL, Infinity, Revel)

Votes: 155 22.2%
  • Klipsch

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • Martin Logan

Votes: 59 8.4%
  • Paradigm

Votes: 79 11.3%
  • Polk

Votes: 40 5.7%
  • PSB

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • RBH Sound

Votes: 42 6.0%

• Total voters
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It's been EIGHT YEARS? No way! :D

But you know what I said was tongue-in-cheek as a general statement - meaning whichever speaker I currently own is the best. :D

Anyway, RBH SVT and SX-T2/R towers are the best. :D
More like 8 and a HALF, since you are counting :D

Will Brink

Will Brink

Audioholic
Personally, "best" for the $ spent is the only way I can judge such a thing, and for the $ from that list, I go with Paradigm easily. That ATC is not on that list is a crime against nature however.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I'm still happy with my 2012 Infinity Primus 363s which have performed flawlessly for 8 years. Sometimes I still miss my 1979 DCM Time Windows though.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I have a set of Paradigm speakers that I upgraded just this past year. My speaker purchase before the Paradigm speakers were a pair of Advent Legacy speakers purchased in 1988. My old Sansui rebuilt speakers with a custom crossover were a budget upgrade on a graduate student stipend. I have heard demonstrated JBL, Revel, and JL audio amongst other speakers. IMHO for what you get the Paradigm speakers are an excellent choice based on the money. I have heard very high end ribbon speakers and McIntosh speakers that go for +$50k a pair. Yes there is some really high end great stuff, but IMHO the paradigm at the price points I purchased at are a great choice. I did note the beginning of the thread and wondered why Paradigm was not on the list of choices. Currently I own a pair of ADP-190 v5, Mini Monitor 7 v5, the 800F (Premier?) and the 45c center (prestige?) speakers on a Yamaha RX-V663. From what I have heard demonstrated the choices I have made I am very happy with!

Oh, I forgot the Paradigm Defiance X12 subwoofer. IMHO the SVS SB-3000 (used on my computer) and the Paradigm X12 ( on the main system referenced in the paragraph above) are both excellent choices that will work well

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Iam still more than happy with my older jbl towers and the newer models in my setup although there newer models have caught my attention too .

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Elacs are wonderful speakers for the price, they put out some good amount of bass when paired to a quality amplifier or avr.
Elac & Yamaha are perfect combo, Elac & Denon not so great.

T

tonedeaf

Audioholic
I'm still happy with my 2012 Infinity Primus 363s which have performed flawlessly for 8 years. Sometimes I still miss my 1979 DCM Time Windows though.
I have the same speakers and modded the front three with 3/8" of peel and seal and 2 to 4 inches of board insulation. They sound excellent and the center speaker sounds crystal clear. It's not an easy task, very time consuming but the end result is terrific.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Im still happy with PSB having built two systems around their old Century line in my 2nd and 3rd systems. I recently purchased a usec pair of PSB ImageT65 to replace my T45 which are still performing flawlessly in my main system. Waiting on some new grills and feet for them before wiring them into my main system. Im currently listening to Eric Clapton on my 2nd system via Century 800i speakers equipped with 2 x 8" woofers. Sounds f'in amazing!!

B

Bone-Head

Junior Audioholic
We'd like to get your opinion on who you feel makes the best built and best sounding loudspeakers in consumer audio. Your opinion should be based primarily on sound quality followed by build quality and durability. This choice should be based on the overall product line of a particular company and not just one or two products that may excel.

If you find a particular brand on this list lacking, please indicate why.

Give us reasons why you chose a particular brand or why you feel that particular brand shines above the others on this list. If your brand isn't listed here (sorry only 10 polling options allowed), please post the brand name in the thread along with your experiences.
It’s the pair that you get into your living room and almost causes a divorce, but then she manages to accept them as part of the family

K

Kidiots

Audiophyte
We'd like to get your opinion on who you feel makes the best built and best sounding loudspeakers in consumer audio. Your opinion should be based primarily on sound quality followed by build quality and durability. This choice should be based on the overall product line of a particular company and not just one or two products that may excel.

If you find a particular brand on this list lacking, please indicate why.

Give us reasons why you chose a particular brand or why you feel that particular brand shines above the others on this list. If your brand isn't listed here (sorry only 10 polling options allowed), please post the brand name in the thread along with your experiences.
My opinion would not be a good one. Maybe its just me, but when you by speakers one tends to keep them, good or bad as they may be, for a long time. As an example I still have my first and second set of Pioneer's HPM 100 and 900 speakers. They're from mid 1970's and they still put out good clean sound.
When I bought a new 7ch Yamaha receiver I had hoped to be upgrading when I bought Axioms 7ch package. Granted they weren't the top of the line, but they were affordable. Anyway their build quality is far better then their sound quality. Needless to say I was disappointed after reading up on them.
I have heard Klipsch Horns once upon a time. Those things can crack concrete walls. I know this to be a fact too. Anyway they were awesome. Unfortunately the ones they make today aren't nearly as good. Of course I'll point out that this opinion is from a poor man's choice. I can't afford speaker that cost a gazillion dollars each.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Then you have various room conditions....angles, carpeting, hardwood, furniture type, spacious room with high ceilings, small enclosed rooms, for example, which effects sound from you speakers to your ears.

Then, there are so many speaker model lines within a manufactures line, which to choose from. You want their lessor model or their mid or their high end. To make a statement, "Which mfg is the best," is way to misleading. Are we talking bookshelf or tower??? My current JBL, Polk, and PSB have great movie reproduction. The PSB center channel really stands out in my small room and I have tried several.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Damn, practically a decade. Scary. :eek: :D
I've been here almost 5 years now. It doesn't seem like it's been that long. The older I get the faster time goes man.

*Edit: Hi there! Good to see you again! I was on a li'l break but I've been getting the fever again. Still tryna sell my Ultra towers so I can get my matching center channel.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I've been here almost 5 years now. It doesn't seem like it's been that long. The older I get the faster time goes man.

*Edit: Hi there! Good to see you again! I was on a li'l break but I've been getting the fever again. Still tryna sell my Ultra towers so I can get my matching center channel.
Aren’t ultra svs one or best speakers ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai

It's because as you get older each year is a smaller percentage of your life so seems to go faster. When your 10 a year is 10% of your lifetime! At 40 it's only 2.5%. That's my hypothesis as to why times seems to go faster as you get older at least.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It's because as you get older each year is a smaller percentage of your life so seems to go faster. When your 10 a year is 10% of your lifetime! At 40 it's only 2.5%. That's my hypothesis as to why times seems to go faster as you get older at least.
NIN! There you are! Good to see you man. I replied to your email too, just last week I think.

Time is relative. In more ways than one!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Aren’t ultra svs one or best speakers ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, SVS make some really nice speakers. I love their Ultra line, but I love my new Sierra ribbon towers even more!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis