Which Blue Jeans Interconnects?

K

KFG14

Enthusiast
Hi all,

I just purchased a Rotel RA-1062 int amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player and Vandersteen 1C's. I'm going to make my own speaker cables using 10 ga. Speaker King zip cord but will be buying interconnects from Blue Jeans.

Any real difference for two channel audio between Belden 1505F coax and Belden 89259 coax? From what I see the specs are close and the 1505F is a lot cheaper.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

M

Martin_S

Enthusiast
It says that the 89259 has a stranded center conductor, which would make it more flexible. Probably explains the price difference, too.

It might be an option for you if your cables have to exist in a confined area, and you need them to be more bendy. Otherwise, stick with the 1505F.

Martin

Edit: OK nevermind, they both have a stranded center conductor. The 1505F has a double braid, which would go towards better EMF/RFI rejection. The only other notable difference is that the 89259 has flourinated ethylene propylene insulation and jacketing, as opposed to the 1505F's plain 'ol ethylene propylene. I have no idea what that's about, but it probably has something to do with the price.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
KFG14 said:
Hi all,

I just purchased a Rotel RA-1062 int amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player and Vandersteen 1C's. I'm going to make my own speaker cables using 10 ga. Speaker King zip cord but will be buying interconnects from Blue Jeans.

Any real difference for two channel audio between Belden 1505F coax and Belden 89259 coax? From what I see the specs are close and the 1505F is a lot cheaper.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

Buy the less expensive cable ;)

K

KFG14

Enthusiast
Thanks for info

Thanks for the info. I've ordered the Belden 1505F cables with Canare RCA jacks. Will let everyone know how the new stereo works out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis