which 5.0 system goes best with a svs PB10-ISD

R

roger259

Audioholic Intern
I am looking at pulling together a 5.0 system combined with a SVs PB 10-ISD Sub. I not looking for any towers or oversized system, simply a nice bookshelf system with a great center, two fronts--best bang for the buck, and 2 rears.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Have you considered SVS's new bookshelf speakers? Also what kind of budget are you looking at? Bookshelfs range from a couple of hundred for a HTIB setup to thousands a piece.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Probably the SBS bookshelf system that SVS sells with the PB-10.

R

roger259

Audioholic Intern
I would like to keep the 5.0 system under $1000. Has anyone heard the SBS01 5.0 + the PB10-ISD setup?

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
4 Axiom 22's would be under 1K and all you need then is the center.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Axiom Audio

If you order off the outlet page, you should be able to buy 2 Axiom M22 Fronts, 1 M100 Center, and 2 QS4 surrounds for about $1K. This would be a great HT setup with your SVS sub. The SVS bookshelfs have received great reviews for thier price, but the Axioms are in a higher price/performance bracket and will also sound great with music.

R

roger259

Audioholic Intern
jcPanny said:
If you order off the outlet page, you should be able to buy 2 Axiom M22 Fronts, 1 M100 Center, and 2 QS4 surrounds for about $1K. This would be a great HT setup with your SVS sub. The SVS bookshelfs have received great reviews for thier price, but the Axioms are in a higher price/performance bracket and will also sound great with music.
Where can I hear this Axiom setup?

R

roger259

Audioholic Intern
shokhead said:
4 Axiom 22's would be under 1K and all you need then is the center.
I am interested why the AXIOM recommendation? I was thinking about them, but I have never heard them. Do you know where I can hear this setup?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There are very few Axiom dealers in the US. You can check on the forums at www.axiomaudio.com and ask if there is anyone local to you who might give you an audition. I've heard them, and they are very good for the price.

I'm going to hear the SBS package tomorrow, so I'll get back to you on that, but I'd say they are definitely a safe bet.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was able to listen to the SBS package yesterday and I have to somewhat disagree with the AH review that they aren't musical, because I felt they did a good job with music, which is all we listened to with them. For $550 for the 5.0 set is going to be tough to beat. Not quite as good as the CBM-170s, but the set of 5 is also almost $250 less. I'll post up a more detailed review sometime today.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis