Where's the Pioneer reviews?

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
It just occured to me that AH, as fair as it claims to be when reviewing A/V hardware, comes up short when considering Pioneer products. How can this be? I am refering to the Elite upper echelon (>1000 US dollars).
The Elite line seems to be very good. Is it difficult to come by a sample? :eek:

I'd love to see more receiver reveiws in general, especially Onkyo's latest offering (TX-NR1000) compared to the expansive 5805 from Denon.

Last edited:
X

xyntax

Enthusiast
ive been waiting for reviews on latest onkyo products ('02s). :confused:

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I think the problem has been aquiring a sample. For whatever reason Pioneer hasn't been willing/able to send product for review very often.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

This is being discussed in a Suggestions thread area. (Types of products you would like to see more reviews of)

Maybe this will help:

Ms. Amy Friend
Director, Corporate Communications
Pioneer Electronics USA
Tel 310 952 2507
Email
2265 East 220th Street
Long Beach, CA. 90810

If not I am sure she might help point us in the right direction.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Reviews seem to be done on equipment that was outright purchased by the staff, or equipment that was donated, or loaned, for the review. Obviously, the staff's budgets prohibit them from buying every piece of equipment, and the manufacturers, for various (often petty political) reasons do not let everybody review their equipment.

By the way, some manufacturers have the opinion that they only need ONE good review of their product, after they have received that ONE good review they pull the unit from the review market.

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Hi
Here is a short review from a custom installers point of view
It will focus on one aspect only
Here it is
I have pulled,replaced,exchanged more HK,Pioneer and Onkyo in that order
for QC and defects in final installations and call backs
Yamaha and Denon in that order have been the most reliable over the years
Believe me there is nothing worse than terminating an entire system in a custom install and then having to rip it all back out
YMMV
Ray

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
My analysis is based on my perspective
and the 18 years I have been installing Pro and consumer A/V ;)
I didn't say they sucked. There are some brands that excel in QC and some that don't If this is important to you then my little bit of info may help
Cheers

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

RLA said:
Hi
Here is a short review from a custom installers point of view
It will focus on one aspect only
Here it is
Believe me there is nothing worse than terminating an entire system in a custom install and then having to rip it all back out
YMMV
Ray
I guess I have had better luck with Pioneer. I have only had a couple that I have installed that were duds (over a 5 yr span). Now I have had some problems with their cheap DVD players but that usually is the case with any brand.
I know exactly how you feel, having to replace a receiver just when you were thinking you were almost done. The last time that happened to me I was approx. 30 miles away from the shop and I didn't have a back-up with me. It is pretty frustrating.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
RLA said:
Hi

How many is many?

Is it 2:1 ratio of HK to Denon, with 0.1% of all installs having a problem.

Or is it 10:1 ratio, with 5% of all installs having a problem.

By the by, I don't work in the audio industry, and I own a Denon, and original (20 year old) NAD separates still work. My question is not to bash a brand or the industry, but rather a comparative analysis of an electronics industry not related to my own.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis