Whats the best blu ray player in the $250 region?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I do not need a 4k blu ray player. Since I don't have $5000 to spend on a true 4k projector anyway. Is there a great blu ray player for under $250? I just want something that gives a great picture!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Sony UBP X800 is down to $200 I love mine. If you require Dolby Vision though, the X700 will get that as a firmware update.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Are all the good blu ray players 4k ultra hd as well?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry just noticed you have no need for 4K UHD HDR10 or Dolby Vision HDR. Even so, the Sony plays pretty much everything well.
Dolby Vision is a new HDR format that competes with HDR10.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I do want something that supports atmos. Would the Sony UBP X800 work for normal blu rays as well? And will it work with my 1080p projector

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I do want something that supports atmos. Would the Sony UBP X800 work for normal blu rays as well? And will it work with my 1080p projector
Hmm. It does blu ray and dvd and SACD and dvda over hdmi2.0a. However, Atmos and DTSX involve the AVR receiver and compatible discs. So what AVR receiver and projector do you have?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I have the onkyo tx-rz820 receiver. And the BenQ HT 2050 projector. When I can afford a full 4k projector in about 3 years will the sony UBP X800 still have good technology?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
do all blu rays have dolby atmos these days?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
what does that mean in laymans terms? Sorry I honestly don't know what that means.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
So are you saying the blu rays have different formats or the AVR has different formats? Or the blu ray player?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
BTW, HDR means high dynamic range. The picture can have luminance, clarity, and saturation which sometimes can look like how the eye would see the scene naturally. Sometimes it looks like posterization, very unnatural.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis