whats better, strands of little wires or solid wires?

S

se7en

Audioholic Intern
:confused: im curious because i bought 12 guage from homedepot and someone i know lent me some name brand wires. those wires were solid wires not little strands like mine. his are easier to place in. :confused:

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
You're saying that your friend's solid core wire was more flexible? That's pretty surprising. I guess use whatever you want, just be aware that a bigger price tag isn't a better option. If you find that your wire is too inflexible, then maybe look at some other options from Impact Acoustics, Belden, or Canare. Heck, Sound King is another good option.

S

se7en

Audioholic Intern
no his were stiff as hell, it was just easier to place in the speakers. also every time i put the wire in the reciever one or two pieces always gets caught and stick out so i have to redo it so many times. my friend said that the solid wire is better. i couldnt hear really any difference between them. :)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
There is no quality difference. Usually people consider solid core wire more difficult to deal with. I personally use banana plugs on most of my equipment and pulling solid core wire through drywall and around corners - especially in a finished environment is really difficult.

But, in new construction you could just use 12 gauge electrical wire and achieve the same sound as a high quality Blue Jeans Cable 12 gauge wire for 1/4 the cost (or so).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis