What VINYL ONLY Are Ya Listening To? Thread! ;)

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Listening to the radio....FUV 90.7 FM NYC! Ian Dury and Blockheads, Sex and Drugs and Rock N Roll, are all my brain and body need......

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Listening to the radio....FUV 90.7 FM NYC! Ian Dury and Blockheads, Sex and Drugs and Rock N Roll, are all my brain and body need......
This is a vinyl ONLY thread you are in, sir....has NOTHING to do with what RADIO station you're listening to....please bring that to the WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO thread.... :p :p :p ;)

Seriously, though....is that a new station in NY? Never heard of it when I lived there....my go-to joints were 95. 5 PLJ (which I understand is gone now), Z100, Hot 97, Q104 (Classic Rock), 106.5 Lite FM....

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Ha, maybe the Dury song was the vinyl original. Yeah that doesn't count.
FUV is Fordham U's college station. They've been around for years. They actually played some early rap back in the 80s. Now it's mostly contemporary alternative...Worth a listen sometime...

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Ha, maybe the Dury song was the vinyl original. Yeah that doesn't count.
FUV is Fordham U's college station. They've been around for years. They actually played some early rap back in the 80s. Now it's mostly contemporary alternative...Worth a listen sometime...
LOL....LOL......that may be true, that the station was playing the vinyl version....if so, you are cleared of all charges!

I didn't know about Fordham's station; as I said, I only listened to the really big ones when I lived there. Interesting stuff, as I like alternative (though mainly from the 90s, like the Gin Blossoms, Fuel, Goo Goo Dolls, 3 Doors Down, Third Eye Blind, Matchbox 20 et al).

P.S. you diggin' my choices for some classic house on vinyl I've been pullin' out of my collection? Some good 90s stuff...

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
LOL....LOL......that may be true, that the station was playing the vinyl version....if so, you are cleared of all charges!

I didn't know about Fordham's station; as I said, I only listened to the really big ones when I lived there. Interesting stuff, as I like alternative (though mainly from the 90s, like the Gin Blossoms, Fuel, Goo Goo Dolls, 3 Doors Down, Third Eye Blind, Matchbox 20 et al).

P.S. you diggin' my choices for some classic house on vinyl I've been pullin' out of my collection? Some good 90s stuff...
I check this thread out all the time and am always impressed with your collection. I've got to dig up some my older stuff when I get my new turntable sorted out. My dog broke the tone arm on my old one.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I check this thread out all the time and am always impressed with your collection. I've got to dig up some my older stuff when I get my new turntable sorted out. My dog broke the tone arm on my old one.
o_O :eek:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Ellington Uptown (also released as Hi-Fi Ellington Uptown) is an album by American pianist, composer and bandleader Duke Ellington recorded for the Columbia label in 1951 & 1952.
IMG_18022022_181835_(1397_x_2500_pixel).jpg

Scored Two Thrifted last week! Finally got some Duke on Vinyl! Mint condition A+ whoa! Take The A Train! Cool cover!
Some awesome drumming too.✌
Personnel

IMG_18022022_181851_(1362_x_2500_pixel).jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Obviously is the seventh studio album by American band Lake Street Dive. It was released on March 12, 2021, by Nonesuch Records. This was the group's last album to feature founding member and lead guitarist Mike "McDuck" Olson.
IMG_18022022_193903_(2100_x_2800_pixel).jpg

Obviously was recorded and completed before the COVID-19 pandemic with an intended release date in the fall of 2020 before being postponed. The album's songs address topics such as climate change, womanhood, female empowerment, and failed relationships.
IMG_18022022_194002_(2000_x_1500_pixel).jpg

Got on Azon used for a great price. Minty A+ condition. Never owned anything by this band, but always liked them. The vocalist has a great soulful voice with a Jazzy band sound. Hopefully I can get their other stuff.

IMG_18022022_193940_(2000_x_1500_pixel).jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis