What to upgrade (if anything).

H

HardOfHearing

Junior Audioholic
If I am understanding, the 1600 would be a really nice upgrade to what I have and no need to jump to the 2700.

With regards to the comparison tool, if I understood the specs and stuff, there would be no need for me to post There is a reason I am keeping my posts in the "Beginners" section. ;);):D:cool:

I do greatly appreciate everyone's feedback.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If I am understanding, the 1600 would be a really nice upgrade to what I have and no need to jump to the 2700.

With regards to the comparison tool, if I understood the specs and stuff, there would be no need for me to post There is a reason I am keeping my posts in the "Beginners" section. ;);):D:cool:

I do greatly appreciate everyone's feedback.
Well the new tool is more along those lines than the old one :) More on what you're looking for now rather than a long list of many many specs :) The Crutchfield one I just looked at isn't too technical. You could always note the differences and ask if you didn't know what it meant....

H

HardOfHearing

Junior Audioholic
You could always note the differences and ask if you didn't know what it meant....
Ask questions about the differences within this thread or start a new thread?
Sometimes threads are hard to follow when the topic changes.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks. Good thing to keep in mind about the X series.
I am seeing the AVR-X1600H-R for about $500 which seems like a nice deal. What do I miss by not taking the leap to the 2700?
AVR X1600H info sheet.
AVR X2700H info sheet.
  • 95W/ch vs 80W/ch
  • 8k HDMI input (on one port on the 2700)
  • 2 component video connections (both have 2 composite video connections)
  • 4 vs 2 analogue audio connections
  • 1 coaxial audio connection (both have 2 optical connections)
  • 2 eARC HDMI outputs vs 1
  • 8k HDMI outputs
So, basically a little more power, more connectivity and 8k vs 4k. Your TV is 4k so the 1600 will likely be more than good enough.

H

HardOfHearing

Junior Audioholic
Actually after comparing the 2 via the Denon web site nothing really stood out to me to warrant any further questions.

H

HardOfHearing

Junior Audioholic
AVR X1600H info sheet.
AVR X2700H info sheet.
  • 95W/ch vs 80W/ch
  • 8k HDMI input (on one port on the 2700)
  • 2 component video connections (both have 2 composite video connections)
  • 4 vs 2 analogue audio connections
  • 1 coaxial audio connection (both have 2 optical connections)
  • 2 eARC HDMI outputs vs 1
  • 8k HDMI outputs
So, basically a little more power, more connectivity and 8k vs 4k. Your TV is 4k so the 1600 will likely be more than good enough.
Yeah, I figure this TV isn't even a month old and it will take some time before enough actual 8k stuff becomes available to make it cheap enough and worthwhile to upgrade.

The extra inputs weren't a factor as its just the satellite and blue-ray player.

After all is said and done, the 1600 appears to be the way to go.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
8k may never actually do much for typical movies/tv content anyways. Maybe for a gamer.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
8k isn't worth consideration until a standard is established like most of the 4k stuff.

Even if you get an hdmi 2.1 receiver you may still miss features that haven't been added to 4k yet. I'd have to look at what those could possibly be, but I wouldn't worry about it much less 8k.

H

HardOfHearing

Junior Audioholic
Just ordered the 1600 ($499).
A bit more than originally planned but confident due to the feedback here its the right item for this setup.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I might look into a front LCR speaker upgrade sometime. Those Deftech Mythos things... meh. You might look at some of the speakers on this list as a very substantial upgrade.

H

HardOfHearing

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for those links.
For some reason, those pages display a lot better on my phone than via my PC.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis