what to buy if i have only flac and mp3s on usb peddrive laptop and network hdd

C

chirag1165

Audiophyte
hello people,

i am on the verge of getting a pair of kef r900 floor standers and an ANTHEM integrated

225 amplifier. so far so good.What im really confused about is that i have a music in flac

and mp3s either on my 128gb usb pendrive and my laptop and nas hdd. i have no CDs.so what

route should i take? what should i buy to play all my flac's mp3s through either the usb

pendrive or laptop or Network hard drive with the best possible sound quality to compliment

my kef r900 and anthem integrated 225?? nothing above 1500 to 2000$

thanks

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
The Marantz NA7004 is designed to do what you are looking for and runs around $600: Marantz US | NA7004. Another possibility is to dedicate an old computer for your music and buy a dac (say the Emotiva XDA-2). Vortexbox has some interesting software if you want to convert a computer into a music server: VortexBox user forum - About.

Edit: the Marantz NA7004 has digital inputs so you can buy it now to do what you want and add a dedicated music computer later and rely on the NA7004 to do the D to A conversion via a digital connection.

Last edited:
C

chirag1165

Audiophyte
good suggestion. i will look into the 7004.have been doing my own snooping..what about the cambridge audio stream magic 6?..

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
Yeah, I think it's a good choice. That is essentially a dacmagic plus (which I have been using extensively for a while and love) with a wireless streamer. It doesn't do airplay but that's not an issue for you since you rely on flac files.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis