What speakers are these? THREAD

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Looks like you are correct Cos.:D They seem to have nice bass too. Like the look of these too bad I don't record music.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Plenty of people use speakers like that for normal/desktop listening. No recording required :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Stop pushing me Phil.:D
These are very similar looking Behringer Truth B1030A:

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Forget the speakers, I want those keyboards. Someone just give me that nordlead, I am sure that thing could make some pretty spectacular sounds.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yea, but the ones above have the distinctive slot port below the woofer. Supposed to be pretty darn good speakers.

I'd get'em if I were you :D

Stop pushing me Phil.:D
These are very similar looking Behringer Truth B1030A:

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Yea, but the ones above have the distinctive slot port below the woofer. Supposed to be pretty darn good speakers.

I'd get'em if I were you :D
I do believe KRK is a Gibson brand (Gibson also has a large stake in Onkyo USA).

Personally, I like the JBL LSR a little better than the KRKs

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I do believe KRK is a Gibson brand (Gibson also has a large stake in Onkyo USA).

Personally, I like the JBL LSR a little better than the KRKs
I see some people on the board have these and love em. I like JBL myself. Why do the LSR have that you like more than the KRK SB?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I see some people on the board have these and love em. I like JBL myself. Why do the LSR have that you like more than the KRK SB?

I went through quite a bit of reading up, listening and asking around about powered monitors.

My short list: Airmotivs, JBL LSR, Event BAS20/20. I found that the JBLs seemed to fit my needs better and I think they are the best bang-for-the-buck out there, the prices have recently dropped to $150 for the 5" and $250 for the 8".

The KRKs are good, but I think the JBLs are just a step above. If you are concerned about budget or just want computer speakers, then the KRKs will fit the bill and save a few bucks. If you want the next step up or are serious about recording or mixing, then I would step up to the JBLs.

Now, the higher up KRK 10-3 might be worth considering. It is a 3-way monitor, don't see that too often, but those are BIG!:eek:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Don't forget, all those prices are per speaker for the rokits and the JBL's.

I went through quite a bit of reading up, listening and asking around about powered monitors.

My short list: Airmotivs, JBL LSR, Event BAS20/20. I found that the JBLs seemed to fit my needs better and I think they are the best bang-for-the-buck out there, the prices have recently dropped to $150 for the 5" and $250 for the 8".

The KRKs are good, but I think the JBLs are just a step above. If you are concerned about budget or just want computer speakers, then the KRKs will fit the bill and save a few bucks. If you want the next step up or are serious about recording or mixing, then I would step up to the JBLs.

Now, the higher up KRK 10-3 might be worth considering. It is a 3-way monitor, don't see that too often, but those are BIG!:eek:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Mackies are worth a look too. The MR series sound great, and the HR series are actually THX pm3 certified. They sound a lot like the JBLs to my ears. Adam monitors are terrific too, however they are quite a bit more expensive.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Would studio speakers function in a surround sound situation? Just curious. I don't need speakers(I says to myself).

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
yes, if you have avr with pre-outs or surround pre-pro (like emotiva UMC-200) and you'd have to manually adjust the levels on each one

Another vote for Jbl's LSR - I have heard several KRK's and they are too bass heavy for me. lsr is more neutral, yet very VERY powerful if needed. Pair of lsr's 2325 can do 112db at 2 meters.
Not too bad from 5" woofer bookshelf.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Anybody know the TT, LP, headphones or receiver?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
No clue on the receiver, definitly not Parasound...they are big on putting there logo in huge letters back in the day.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis