What sites give HONEST REVIEWS

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Which web sites give honest reviews and recommendations. Not based on ad dollars or kickbacks.

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Depends on what types of reviews you are looking for. It is better to ask about specific websites you have been looking at to see what others have to say about them. Audioholics continues to be a solid site, but like many others, they tend to lean towards brands which are reputable. It's worth saying that reputable brands tend to get decent reviews and for good reason. It's not like there is a Yamaha receiver which is a POS product. Same for Denon and Marantz. Likewise, many of the better subwoofer brands just make good products across the board. So, you end up with good reviews, and these same companies often advertise at many of these sites. But, it doesn't mean it is quid pro quo.
Sites which are questionable will often use a lot of audiophile terms and not provide honest measurements or evaluation of the products in use.
I go to a TON of projection review sites which simply blurt out the manufacturer specifications and don't provide any measurements of their own for use. Any review which doesn't provide their own measurements isn't a serious review. It's more of an opinion piece. This is the case with both audio and video.

I like Projector Central and Projector Reviews websites for reviews of projectors. There is some French website I look at occasionally as well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis