What rear center speakers recommendation?

J

jzac

Audioholic
Hiya,

I was wondering if you guys can suggest some good brands and specs needed for rear center channel speakers that will work well with a yammy RX-V2400 receiver. Any suggestion? I have a 5.1 setup at the moment (axioms m80's mains, vp-150 for center, acoustimass 5 for surrounds (temperory) & acoustic research sub) with enough power to drive either 1 or 2 rear center speakers. Is 1 or 2 rear center channel speakers better? Just checking...

Lend me your thoughts.... :)

Thanks.

jzac

Last edited by a moderator:
zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
Have you considered the M3's or m22ti's? It would seem to make sense with the m80's & the 150 center that you already have. :D

P.S. I ordered the m60's today. Should be here Thursday.

J

jzac

Audioholic
Hey zipper, congrats on the m60s! You are going to be one happy camper, I'll betcha. :D Let those babies break-in and then you'll see how good they really are. Did you order for their CC too? My m80s are breaking-in nice and slow and its sounding better and better each day. :)

I looked into their models you mentioned and they are too big for to make a rear CC for me 'cause I intend to hang them on a wall (suspended). :( I contacted the axiom techs to see what they would suggest and they recommended getting a pair of the Q8s for the rear center. I can see those fitting well since they are powerful and small/light enough to fit up there... and they are beautiful sounding speakers too. I haven't made up my mind yet. I'm still shopping to see what else might be out there that's worth checking out. If you can think of some other brands/models let me know. Someone suggested I check out the Wharfedale's rear CC too. I don't think the rear CC need to match with the front speakers...do you? I'll keep you posted. Enjoy those m60s. ;)

jzac

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis