What power amplifier and mixer would be a good match?

Trust00089

Trust00089

Audiophyte
I have acquired 2 loudspeakers from a wedding chapel that is closing. The loud speakers are Horizon ART-115H-1. They are 8ohm 250rms. I am wondering what power amplifier and mixer would be suitable to operate these speakers. Also I would like not to spend a of money on the devices needed. Thank you any help would be appreciated!

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Any amplifier is capable of driving 8-ohm speakers. Anything with at least 100 watts should be sufficient, unless you intend to run the speakers at ear-bleeding levels. In that case maybe go with something 2-300 watts.

As far as a mixer goes, “suitability” has nothing to do with the speakers, but how many things you intend to plug into it.

If money is an issue, there should be no shortage of used equipment on Craigslist if you live near a decent-sized city.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Any amplifier is capable of driving 8-ohm speakers. Anything with at least 100 watts should be sufficient, unless you intend to run the speakers at ear-bleeding levels. In that case maybe go with something 2-300 watts.

As far as a mixer goes, “suitability” has nothing to do with the speakers, but how many things you intend to plug into it.

If money is an issue, there should be no shortage of used equipment on Craigslist if you live near a decent-sized city.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
I have acquired 2 loudspeakers from a wedding chapel that is closing. The loud speakers are Horizon ART-115H-1. They are 8ohm 250rms. I am wondering what power amplifier and mixer would be suitable to operate these speakers. Also I would like not to spend a of money on the devices needed. Thank you any help would be appreciated!
Craigslist is the way to go. Picked up 3 amps in new condition for $500.00. 1 Crown and 2 QSC GX5’s

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis