What online retailer to trust? (yamaha rx-v1400)

T

Tornado

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hello All,

Brand new here so bear with me.

After reading the many reviews, a ton of post on the Audioholics Forums and my budget being $650 for a a/v receiver (My Sony STR-DA50ES just died after only 5 years), I am interested in purchasing the Yamaha RX-V1400 (I know the Yamaha RX-V2400 is nice also but just too much money for me to spend right now).

Which online retailer(s) would you recommend? Where have you purchased items before and recieved good customer service? &nbsp;Where should I avoid?

I am always a little bit abrehensive about buying online however you can not beat the price which is a factor for this purchase. I am getting married on March 6th, so between the ring, honeymoon, and a new bed I am pretty much broke right now.

Right now it appears that IbuyDigital.com is my best bet. &nbsp;

Any suggestions and help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott in FL</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>I did this myself. BEWARE! YOU WILL NOT HAVE A WARRANTY unless you buy from an authorized dealer. I do not recommend getting it where I got mine, even though I got a good deal ($581.50) to my door. You can find it for this, but if I had it to do over again, I would have been a little more patient about finding a DEALER that would give me a good deal. I would pay more knowing that I had the support of the manufacturer!

UPDATE! Looks like you found the best deal, as they have increased the price where I got mine. But still beware, NO WARRANTY!
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>I recently bought my RX-V1400 though Etronics. Used them to buy a Sony DVD player 3 weeks later. I had nothing but good results and was kept informed about my order the whole way until receipt.

Digital</font>

austinbirdman

austinbirdman

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Just make sure the e-tailer you use specifies in writing, preferably on the site, that they are selling you a new product, not a refurbished or returned one. Since you may be abdicating a mfr's warranty, you need at least that peace of mind.

I believe etronics makes that pledge, know some others do as well.

You should do fine online, but it won't hurt to give a few authorized dealers the chance to come within $25-50 of your online target price. That peace of mind factor can be huge. You hate to get buyer's remorse, or find yourself in a couple of months wondering if the thing is peforming right (whatever it is -- any brand -- this is just a general observation), but not have a place to go for a second opinion.

Bman</font>

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I got my Yamaha 1400 from an Auth. dealer through my company's national discount program. &nbsp;Just out of curiosity, I went to Tweeter and told them the price I was getting and asked if they could match it. &nbsp;They told me $699 was the lowest they could do. &nbsp; I did not buy from them but that's just $50 more than the price you found and you get a warranty. &nbsp;$50 is not much for peace of mind. &nbsp;On the other hand, if I was going to buy a receiver without a warranty, Yamaha would be it. &nbsp;Very reliable.

Shinerman</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Enjoy!
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fishdaddy

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Try bhphoto.com. They are extensively in photo/video but have an enormous amount of consumer and pro audio. Extensive website and easy to navigate. Very reliable if you're worried about the financial end of it.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis