What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
"Upgraded" the packaging of my TCM Greatest Classic Legends DVD's from single spindle to multi-page spindles, like a book.

IMG_4740.JPG
IMG_4739.JPG
IMG_4741.JPG

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
3.0 premium, auto, stratosphere blue with the driver assist package (HUD, blind spot monitoring, etc). Comes with a complimentary one year membership to NASA (National Auto Sport Association) and one free driving event.
Nice!

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
The 2nd of 4 concerts arrived from my 2023 Dave's Picks subscription.

2023 05 03 14 05 01.jpg

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I just preordered this. 5 Grateful Dead Concerts from 1973 ALAC. The CDs are twice as much and 17 CDs.

I'm waiting for my iPod classic to finally die before I buy FLACs instead but at least now other EQ vendors are frequently able to play ALAC. At least the better stuff.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I just preordered this. 5 Grateful Dead Concerts from 1973 ALAC. The CDs are twice as much and 17 CDs.

I'm waiting for my iPod classic to finally die before I buy FLACs instead but at least now other EQ vendors are frequently able to play ALAC. At least the better stuff.

Why don't you just convert from ALAC to FLAC and vice versa if you need different file types for different devices?

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Why don't you just convert from ALAC to FLAC and vice versa if you need different file types for different devices?

I could but I'm trying to keep it simple.

I have done that but I keep so many version as copy/backups/car/iPod/new music player that it's already a lot. Right now the NAD for my stereo and both my music players can do both so I'm just keep it simple with only two types, standard AAC and ALAC. I doubt I could hear the difference between ALAC and FLAC.

My car can only do mp3 and AAC. ITunes can't do FLAC. When the iPod dies I'll also ditch iTunes for a different music manager and switch to FLAC.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I could but I'm trying to keep it simple.

I have done that but I keep so many version as copy/backups/car/iPod/new music player that it's already a lot. Right now the NAD for my stereo and both my music players can do both so I'm just keep it simple with only two types, standard AAC and ALAC. I doubt I could hear the difference between ALAC and FLAC.

My car can only do mp3 and AAC. ITunes can't do FLAC. When the iPod dies I'll also ditch iTunes for a different music manager and switch to FLAC.
You won't hear a difference between the formats. The only real difference between the two is that their different containers. They're both still lossless so it's more of a compatibility thing than anything.

When you do decide to move to another music manager, there are lots of choices that will support just about any file type you have so you don't really need to worry about converting them to a different format, unless you want to. Some of them will handle that for you.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
When you do decide to move to another music manager, there are lots of choices that will support just about any file type you have so you don't really need to worry about converting them to a different format, unless you want to. Some of them will handle that for you.
I love my iPod Classic. I really don't like Apple. I'm looking forward to moving to a new music manager but it's in the future.

In the meantime I've been slowly collecting album art for all of my stuff. They display in iTunes but not all display in my FIIO music player and I had to collect a pile to get them to display correctly in the App for my NAD BluOS Preamp/Streamer. I had read that iTunes doesn't handle album art like other managers and there have been incompatibilities with album art.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Bought a new coffee maker. Keurig K-Slim, Makes 8, 10, or 12 oz. cups, has a 46 oz. reservoir. Also bought the optional adapter so I can use ground coffee or grind my own beans!

IMG_4742.JPG

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I bought ONE tire. Had to order it from Tire Rack to get it shaved to match the other 3 and they can't do it until the 19th. They are doing major paving on my main street, caught a nail and between that and the torn up road, the tire split.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I purchased the book about the 5/8/77 Grateful Dead concert which became famous among deadheads and tape traders. There is a copy in the library of congress.

Cornell '77: The Music, the Myth, and the Magnificence of the Grateful Dead's Concert at Barton Hall Kindle Edition
by Peter Conners

I have that tape, well two tapes. Numbers 586 and 587.

Of course now the CD or download is available from the Grateful Dead. And a ton of shows around them. It was a good show. Some I like better.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis