What kind of speakers are these?

Q

qwiktune

Audiophyte
Is anyone familiar with what speakers these are? The only real identifying mark I can find is the "SR" located on the bottom right of the carpet/cover. Theres also nothing on the back of the speaker itself, but the magnet is squared. I will get more pictures of the back of the speaker if need be, I just wasn't sure if someone might know based of the "SR"
416192051_939363014211074_4871584480104019744_n.jpg

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Is anyone familiar with what speakers these are? The only real identifying mark I can find is the "SR" located on the bottom right of the carpet/cover. Theres also nothing on the back of the speaker itself, but the magnet is squared. I will get more pictures of the back of the speaker if need be, I just wasn't sure if someone might know based of the "SR"View attachment 65581
Does not matter what they are. They are junk and need to go in the trash.

They are Sears Roebuck Silvertone speakers. As I said absolute worthless junk.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Silvertone speakers covered a lot of Sears products if you do an image search (and nothing quite like this did I find). Makes me think of SR's (Synergistic Research) level of quality, tho :)

Q

qwiktune

Audiophyte
Does not matter what they are. They are junk and need to go in the trash.

They are Sears Roebuck Silvertone speakers. As I said absolute worthless junk.
Well worth is relative to each person differently, but my aim was to try and identify them for knowledge sake. Perhaps I run in to them in the future, now I would know what they are or at least the direction to look to identify. Had I asked the worth, then perhaps the initial response would have been more relevant. :)

Silvertone speakers covered a lot of Sears products if you do an image search (and nothing quite like this did I find). Makes me think of SR's (Synergistic Research) level of quality, tho :)
Thanks, i appreciate it!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
They are identical to pictures I found of some Sears Silvertones, but I forgot to post the picture.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
They are identical to pictures I found of some Sears Silvertones, but I forgot to post the picture.
I just remembered Sears applied "Silvertone" to a wide swath of things. If you find the photo....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis