What is good subwoofer test music and where can it be had?

B

Brettc

Audioholic
Tool !! Anywhere you can find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Tool !! Anywhere you can find it

I appreciate your zeal regarding Tool as I share it! Yes, their music has some good bass energy, but nothing that I would say really "works out" my subwoofer (Maynard's side project, Puscifer, especially on "V" is for Vagina, has some great bass notes though). Alas, Tool is not available on any streaming services, so the OP would have to access their music the old fashioned way: buy it.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Look at the bela fleck track, flight of the cosmic hippo, I like a couple tracks from the Gorillaz album, Laika Come Home. Check out Shady’s thread Subwoofer Candy if you don’t mind some electronica.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Dude Deadmau5 has a track called "something inside of me" that just wrecks it on the bass. Good song to check out if you want to test a sub

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Maynard's gig with Perfect Circle Thirteenth Step that song called The Package I think I got it right that song has some killer bass and dynamics

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Maynard's gig with Perfect Circle Thirteenth Step that song called The Package I think I got it right that song has some killer bass and dynamics
Great album. Great mix too. APC is just great!

Untouchables by Korn has some heavy duty bottom end. Probably not OP’s style but will work!

jgstudios

jgstudios

Audioholic Intern
I'm just throwing this out there, not sure if it's appropriate for testing purposes, but it shakes the house when cranked to respectable levels...
Blade Runner 2049 soundtrack "Sea Wall".

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It occurs to me that pushing the infrasonic limits isn't always the best way to test a sub.:eek: I like it, don't misunderstand. ;)
A good Jazz album that I used a lot in my speaker auditions also helped me dial in my subs. Joe Lovano, From the Soul. A lot of good cuts on this album with some great performances by the whole crew. Nothing out of the ordinary in terms of frequencies, just a good clean production and mix with great musicians doing what they do best!
I just stumbled on this electronic album yesterday, colaboration between Jazz musician Karl Berger and an electronica guy Shady turned me on to, Pete Namlook. The album overall was pretty chill, not frenetic. Polytime. Tracks 1 and 3 stood out to me.
Another source to look at is the Namlook-Montana Labyrinth. Electronica, still, but more in the ambient/chill/IDM style. 5 cds long, Path I (disc 1) and Path XXI (disc3) stand out. The whole series of 5 discs is great, but these were particularly nice. Path XXI does go infrasonic, as do many others in this collaboration, but this one in particular was quite vibrational. :cool:

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Bass nectar can push low beats out!

B

Brettc

Audioholic
You tube actually has a whole concert you can watch but some audio isn’t that good

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis