What is difference betwen Bowers & Wilkins Cm10 S1 Vs Cm10 S2 PLEASE HELP

H

highrider704

Enthusiast
So i just recently purchased and pair of Bowers and Wilkins CM10 S1 and am wondering what the difference is between the CM10 S1 and Cm10 S2. I can not find ANYTHING on the internet comparing the two. Is there a big difference in sound or are they pretty much the same. The reason i am wondering is because I almost bought two separate CM10 S2 FROM TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE but one of the other sellers FLAKED after setting everything up. Now my drastic response was purchasing the S1's the same night everything fell apart. I am also writing this because i have the Cm9 S1 and i love them but I would like more clarity. WILLTHIS BE A NOTICEABLY CHANGE FROM THE cm9'S s1 TO THE cM10 s1????

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
In before the B&W haters... Also, calm down.

If there is truly a progression from the S1 to S2, it would most likely be in refinement, but nothing huge. The larger factor is going from the CM9 to CM10 and the placement of the tweeter on top. IMO, this is when the magic happens in the CM or newer 700 series (10 or 5). You should notice a difference between the two so, sit down, relax (smoke if you got 'em - or maybe a nice brandy) and enjoy!

H

highrider704

Enthusiast
Much appreciated. I figured there could not been much of a difference if know one is talking about it but i just needed to ask.

H

highrider704

Enthusiast
Once I got over the obvious shock of the original CM10 being replaced so quickly, I learned that B&W had been planning to overhaul the CM series for quite some time and decided to introduce only the original CM10 first, with the remaining models to follow in 2014. So no need to panic for anyone who owns the original. I have been assured that both the CM10 and the new CM10 S2 are sonically identical. There have only been a few minor cosmetic changes along with the model designation. And in case there is any doubt, I received a brand-new pair of the CM10 S2s with which to test this assertion.

H

highrider704

Enthusiast
FOUND THE ANSWER!!
The CM10 S2 improvements over the earlier CM models include Mundorf EVO capacitors in the crossovers, Van den Hul internal wiring, a nickel-plated terminal tray, and "anti-resonance" dust-plugs for its drivers. The speaker also has a redesigned grille, and one may choose between three finishes on its "extensively braced" "real wood" cabinet.​

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis