What is better than BMRs ? Anything?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Not much, if any. Just saying...........;) If there is, I certainly would like to know about it. Even then, the point of diminishing returns will settle in quite quickly.

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Dang good4it are you questioning your recent acquisitions already for some reason?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The BMRs look like really good value speakers. However, there are other speakers that can have some advantages. The BMRs look to have a very wide dispersion pattern. Some people prefer tighter dispersion, so you may enjoy something with a more narrower dispersion. The BMRs can also be topped in dynamic range, so if you want something that can stay clean at very loud levels, there may be better alternatives in that respect, although I am guessing the BMRs have enough dynamic range for the 99% of users out there.

One speaker that is extremely neutral but is going to have a very wide dynamic range that has a good deal going on right now is the JBL LSR6332s. They are THX PM3 certified monitors and were actually used as Harman's reference system for some time. They will have a somewhat narrower dispersion than the BMRs. Some people might enjoy that more, and some will prefer the more reflective sound of the BMRs. I could easily live with either. Not saying one speaker is better than the other, but there are loudspeaker behaviors you might prefer. The BMRs do look killer for the price though, and I hope to hear a pair someday.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Sorry. Just noticed it’s in the wrong forum. It’s summer all ready and I’ve just used my 1 error for the year. :rolleyes:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
For less than $3000 a pair?
I would put the on-clearance RBH SX-T1 and especially the RBH SX-T1/R Reference on the list.

Kurt has the SX-T1/R Reference on order. MSRP was $7,500 per pair.

Last edited:
W

Winkleswizard

Audioholic
BMRs are definitely one of the best values around, but at $3000, you could get the Sierra Towers, Martin Logan ESLs or any number of others that would be likely be “better”. For that matter, the Phil 3s would be close to that too...

Ww

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis