What has Gillette done?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I like the Mach 3 but someone inside Gillette got a severe case of the stupids a number of years ago and the replacement blades price was raised into the realm of ridiculous.
Maybe those Gillette and Procter & Gamble execs learned their management methods while interning 25 years ago at Maytag.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Samurai
So how many blades do we really need?
personally and I speak for my beard type, anything more than 3 is a waste of $$ and a marketing gimmick.

As for Gillette , IMO they are a bunch of bullshitters. I'm sure there are some old enough here to remember years back with that ridiculous commercial they had using a credit card and a microphone, going up one side of a guys face and then down the other side.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic
I do use the Gillette three blade now, I use to use the 5 blade thing but after the prices shot up for a 5 pack close to 40+ bucks and found out that they Do Not Last a month for each. Yeah they full of sh$t. The price use to be under 30 bucks for a 5 pack, I've seen the price over 40 bucks for a 5 pack at Wally world. Just checked price at Wally world got to retract my statement, they have the Gillette fusion 8 pack for $24!! Wow, just ordered some. Should last me at least three more months.

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just get a straight razor and go for it. Last a life time, and they do shave as sharp as a razor, if you know how to put an edge on them,;)

S

Sanyobusiness

Audioholic Intern
Interesting, I've always felt the duller the blade the worse the shave, more pulling than clean cutting IMO.
My face isn’t as smooth as I like to believe. Around the adam’s apple it’s more like the skin of a plucked chicken. A really sharp blade will take the tops off the bumps, no matter how delicate I try to be. I get my blades from Mother Russia:

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Samurai
personally and I speak for my beard type, anything more than 3 is a waste of $$ and a marketing gimmick.

As for Gillette , IMO they are a bunch of bullshitters. I'm sure there are some old enough here to remember years back with that ridiculous commercial they had using a credit card and a microphone, going up one side of a guys face and then down the other side.
I do vaguely remember that commercial Mike. Was it 70s or 80s? And looking back it was kind of ridiculous.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Samurai
I found some Gillette Black with LUBRASTRIP (their words) 3 packs at the local Dollar Tree. Since I only shave every other day these should last me a week or 2 depending on wear. Hopefully they are at least as serviceable as the Wallmart Equate brand I sometimes use.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis