What do you think of this setup?

J

JimmyDean

Audiophyte
Im a new member here, beginning audiophile sort of.

To introduce myself, here is my current setup. Its not that great but it sounds ok to me. I have Pioneer CS-603s as my L and R, being powered by a JVC RX-552V receiver. I have a sony SA-MW500 subwoofer, it being 150 watts with a 12" driver. These are all fairly low end components except for my speakers. I usually use my computer as a source, using my gadget labs wave 8/24 as a soundcard. I also use my headphones quite a lot, they are Allessandro MS1s, using an electro voice stereo control amplifier as a headphone amp.

My (hopefully) new future setup would be this. The main speakers would be JBL L7s. I cannot really find anything about them online, but these are them. Here

My preamplifer would be a Carver CT-17, and the power amplifier and B&K Components ST1400. That is a 107 wpc amp @ 8 ohms. These speakers are 6 ohms nominal and can be biwired. What do you guys think of this setup? How much of a difference will I notice over my current setup?

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
Maybe you'll get more replies here in the Member Systems forum.

As far as putting the bulk of your money in the speakers vs. the other stuff, that's a smart thing.

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
Seems like a nice system to me. Pioneer made some good vintage speakers. Some photos would be nice!

J

JimmyDean

Audiophyte
I can take a picture of the CS-603s. The real question im asking though is what you guys think of the future system.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis