D

DumbAudio Dude

Currently I have a sub speaker plugged into my computer so when I watch movies on the computer, they sound at least a little more interesting than without one.

Now, I just purchased a 27 inch JVC TV... I would like to know how to get a similar sound of the TV... because let's face it, there is no bass when the TV speakers.

I would like to get 2 speakers and a sub to use with this TV/DVD Player. The TV has an analog out (2 connectors). Now, do I need to purchase a receiver??? I have no idea how to hook up the audio... I'll be honest.

Also, I live in an apartment, so I just want some smaller speakers and I want the sub to be able to deliver just enough oomf that it makes watching a movie a little more interesting than just the TV speakers.

What should I buy??? Please help.

G

Gatorchong

Audioholic
Yea, your best shot is to buy a receiver and a couple of speakers. If you don't want to spend that much, you can buy a set of computer (multimedia) speakers and a little adapter from radio shack to hook them up to the rca jacks on your TV. But then you may not be able to control the volume with your remote. That would suck.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
What model?

What is the model number of your TV? You might be able to take the RCA out to a powered sub, and still use the speakers from the TV.

D

DumbAudio Dude

JVC Model

I don't know off hand... but it ends with a 75.

It's not the 85 model.

It's a 27 inch JVC I'Art Television.

So, you're saying that both of the analog audio outs should go to the powered sub?

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
DumbAudio Dude said:
I don't know off hand... but it ends with a 75.

It's not the 85 model.

It's a 27 inch JVC I'Art Television.

So, you're saying that both of the analog audio outs should go to the powered sub?

That might work in theory. I can't find rear image of the TV. A whole model number would be nice :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis