What are your favorite brands of cables?

What are your favorite brands of cables? -

• Audioquest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Acoustic Research

• Cardas              

• Kimber Kable

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nordost

• MonsterCable

• Straight Wire

• Transparent Cable

• Belden DIY

• Other

• Total voters
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>I would just like to know what brands of cables/interconnects people are using out there?
Also, what are the price ranges you are spending for these products?</font>

<font color='#000000'>I voted for the majority of what I now have. I have some home-brew Canari RCA interconnects that I made several years ago. Nice solid connectors with great quality gold RCAs. They seem to have held up nicely and work well for a decent set of shielded VCR and cassette (just for the odd occurrence) audio cables.</font>

P

Paul

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Ultra link all the way..
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Hi All
Being a custom installer I have to build and terminate most of my own cables depending on the application
next to my own  for the biggest bang for the dollar
I would choose NXG Pro Sapphire series  They are much less
than thoes listed, have very good build quality and I have not had any  I have installed fail.  I cannot say the same for some of the other brands I have used in the last 18 years
I also like AR and HOSA  
Now if I can only find a cable manufacture that claims there product will  Grow hair,prolong life and help me loose weight
Ill buy em like hot cakes.

</font>

R

rorca

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Bluejeancables! Quality and great prices!</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I'm going all Signal Cables in my system. Basically, Signal Cables are a homebrew cable constructed by a hobbyist. I talked with Frank last year and he told me his business was starting to do so well, he would probably quit his job and do cables full time. Give them a listen and you'll know why. For the money they can't be beat. If you check out his website you'll find a ton of testimonials that confirm what I've stated. His site is signalcable.com....(P.S. I in know way benefit financially, or otherwise, from this endorsement. I'm just one heck of a happy customer.)</font>

P

Pat D

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Shoot, I just use what came with the equipment or Radio Shack, sometimes Walmart. &nbsp;There's no diffierence in sound I can determine, and I have over $10,000 in equipment.</font>

<font color='#000000'>I would, in general, stay away from anything smaller than 14 gauge, however. Some systems come with tiny thin cables that are probably not the best. Better alternatives can be had for very little money.</font>

A

avnerdguy

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Being a tech weenie and a broadcast engineer I'm used to making my own interconnects. A very decent and reasonably priced analog audio cable is available from Gepco International (Chicago) called the X series. Rivals most high end cables on the market. They can recommend quality connectors as well. For AES digital cables I highly recommend Gepco 5596 (110 Ohm) - very flexible, extremely smooth impedence characteristics, and very easy to strip and terminate. I've also used Belden AES digital but prefer the Gepco for ease of use.</font>

E

Eric

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Nightfly wins! $16,500.00 for some wire and a epoxy &quot;audio brick&quot;. &nbsp;
</font>

V

VE4CAN

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>HEHEHEHE  I'm sure that for $4500 these should be fairly decent.

Here's the Link

HEHEHEHE  I just don't know what to do with that brief case after I hook things up.

Ahh! maybe I'll just use it to store the other lengths that I can't use.

</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I own Siltech, Transparent, Nordost, and now Pure Note cables. Of the four the Pure Note is a bargain and challenges the others sonically, www.purenote.com. &nbsp;I am glad to see that a few of the smaller cable companies are knocking out the big guys price wise.</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Wow, quite expensive speaker cables, I couldn't imagine spending over $1000 for speaker wire!

Based on the physical distance between (+) and (-) conductors of the Purenote speaker cables, I suspect inductance is higher than ordinary 12AWG Zip Cord. &nbsp;
Pure Note Speaker Cables

Note, they don't even rate inductance in their data table. &nbsp;Perhaps I will contact them as ask if they would like to participate in our speaker cable faceoff. &nbsp;Thanks for the link Miles &nbsp;
</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Gene: Pure Note is cheap when you consider the Transparent OPUS speaker cables are only $30,000 a pair. The cables I own are far more expensive than Pure Note.

As far as electrical parameters, it is interesting that each cable has it's own sonic signature sometimes unrelated to the basic measurements. It really depends on the equipment interfaces and also the length of the cables. Of course you can also get into the science of dielectric absorption, wire purity, conductor geometry, etc. In the end it is what the listener prefers.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Mostly Radio Shack gold interconnects with a mix of monster and one VDH. For speaker wires it is Monster 12 gauge all the way. TOSLINK is also a Monster.</font>

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I'm using a dayton audio .5m stereo interconnect between my cd player and reciever, and monster cable xp/hp (10ft) for my speakers.  I think the total price for the cables was about $40.

For my pc system, i'm using monster standard betwwen my pc and reciever (no, I didn't use the ground wire yet), and identical monster xp/hp cables as above.  I am also using a radio shack mini-jack to rca adaptor so I can get the interconnects onto my soundcard output.  I think the total cost for all this was about $40-50

I do plan on upgrading to 12ga cables on my main system soon, I feel the 16ga monster might not be doing my system justice.

_-Edited out some typos-_</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis