What are your favorite A/V furniture brands?

K

KollyKibber

Enthusiast
I'm in the market for something to put my TV on and equipment in but I'm not aware of who the leading players are.

I'd be interested in hearing some recommendations.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Salamander is one of the big ones. There are other brands, some of which you can see in the Magnlolia section of Best Buy. Other products are perfectly fine from companies like Wayfair that nobody has ever heard of.

So much depends on your personal aesthetic and what is good for your room.

Personally, I hate AV furniture as it is always difficult to get into and out of. To pull away from a wall and get behind. To work on from the front without jamming cables into the crevices. Nearly impossible to cable manage stuff well. As such, I always remote locate most of my gear and put it all into Middle Atlantic equipment racks. Then I hang the TV on the wall and call it done.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have an older Salamander Synergy and I like the flexibility to configure it to your needs, expand, etc... but they aren't cheap. I wanted to expand to an integrated TV mount on it and that was 3x the price of just buying a stand alone mount.

Now you just order the height and width based on your needs, but they have added some new features like easily accessible pro style rack mounts and sliding trays.

Q

quattro_98

Audioholic Intern
I like Salamander as well. It's expensive, but the metal frame allows for good adjustability and modular options. Being able to remove the back is nice.

Q

quattro_98

Audioholic Intern
We ended up going with a Salamander Synergy to get the size we wanted (4 wide, but short). A friend has BDI and it has more wire routing features and other niceties.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis