What are you watching tonight?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Wow...that must have been hard at that age. What happened? Is your mom still with us?

I was fortunate enough to have the last of my parents till I was in my late 40s, and they both lived a full life with lots of successes in them (they owned a business, traveled a lot, got to retire) but it still hurts so much. I don't think I will ever get over the fact that they're BOTH gone and that I don't have them to rely on anymore for advice, guidance, support, etc.

As a matter of fact, NIN, at some point soon I will probably be saying goodbye to all you guys here because I won't be able to take the loss any further; if it means my life, so be it.
https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Call them man. Get some help. I know it's rough, but it's not worth your life.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched the 3 disc mini series of Dune and finished disc1 out of 2 of the children of Dune. My late wife loved the books and encouraged me to read them. I will have to read themmone of these days. Winter is coming!!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
The book is always better than the movie. ;) I love sci-fi novels.

Watched Patton tonight on TCM. One of George C. Scott's best roles.

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
Just finished Kate on Netflix. Liked it much more than I expected.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Just finished Kate on Netflix. Liked it much more than I expected.
Did you know that the all girl band on stage was a real Japanese hard rock band named Band-Maid? I'm a huge fan. They have loads of YouTube videos for their music on their channel and many are subtitled with closed captioning.

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
Did you know that the all girl band on stage was a real Japanese hard rock band named Band-Maid? I'm a huge fan. They have loads of YouTube videos for their music on their channel and many are subtitled with closed captioning.
Did not know that...

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Did not know that...
Fans like to call themselves Maidiacs. :D The director was surprised at how many fans of the band commented on the movie before and after release. Talented group of ladies. If you don't mind Japanese lyrics, this is one of my favorites and does have closed captioned lyrics.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
That cast is great. How was the film?
Yeah, I couldn't believe the names in this thing....it was co-directed by Long, too.

It was okay; it was a very light comedy with a ton of cursing in it, and some moments were chuckle-inducing.

In the end, of course (undoubtedly because Long is such a notoriously woke liberal), political correctness was thrown in for good measure, which was just eye-roll-worthy (if you watch it you'll know what I'm talking about).

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I was going to sign up for Apple TV and watch Foundation tonight but the reviews have not been kind. I guess I'll wait a bit and see if they find their footing.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Fans like to call themselves Maidiacs. :D The director was surprised at how many fans of the band commented on the movie before and after release. Talented group of ladies. If you don't mind Japanese lyrics, this is one of my favorites and does have closed captioned lyrics.
I assume you're well familiar with Babymetal?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I assume you're well familiar with Babymetal?

Yes, I went through a bit of a BabyMetal phase months ago. Pretty unique, even in the Japanese metal world. I have the first 2 CDs and a concert blue-ray but I find that the stage production is very much part of the appeal. Not the sort of music that I would listen to on its own very often but I like the music videos and concert. It was watching BabyMetal music videos on Youtube that put Band-Maid on my radar.

Band-Maid is more in line with the type of hard / progressive rock that I like. While BabyMetal was the brainchild of a music promoter, Band-Maid was self-made with the idea originating with the rhythm guitarist / vocalist while working in a maid cafe and trying to get into the idol business. Songs were initially written by other well known musicians with more of a pop-rock feel, but when the Thrill music video took off they decided to go hard rock and earned the right to write their own material. All 5 members are very talented and they've remained one of my favorite bands since I discovered them. I have 4 albums and a live recording blue-ray where they broadcast live without an audience during the pandemic. Would love to get my hands on the Shibuya Line Cube concert.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
I was going to sign up for Apple TV and watch Foundation tonight but the reviews have not been kind. I guess I'll wait a bit and see if they find their footing.
That's disappointing. I grew up reading those Asimov novels when I was a kid. Was going to reread them to prep for the TV series...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis