What are you watching tonight?

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Have this in my library. Good movie. May need to watch it again.
Indeed; such a guilty pleasure and a nice change from the garbage they crank out today. What's very unsettling is just how closely this stupid society we're living in today is mirroring what we see in the film -- I'm telling you, it's only a matter of time until every small business owner is put under and there are only massive corporations running everything....so there will be one restaurant chain (hopefully not Taco Bell as suggested in the film), one store for everything (probably WalMart), etc.

Did you know Stallone greenlit a sequel for this?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Wish they would release more their concert videos on blu ray. I have Rattle and Hum on DVD. I had it on HD-DVD back in the day, but haven't been able to find it on blu ray.
Ya the DVD picture never looks quite right on 4K TVs. The sound is great though.

Blu-ray concerts like INXS Live and the one from Imagine Dragons are nice. :)

Do you have some favorites?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
... -- I'm telling you, it's only a matter of time until every small business owner is put under and there are only massive corporations running everything....

Did you know Stallone greenlit a sequel for this?
That's been the line in many sy-fi movies.

No, I didn't know. Will he get a good facelift first? ;) ;)

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
Ya the DVD picture never looks quite right on 4K TVs. The sound is great though.

Blu-ray concerts like INXS Live and the one from Imagine Dragons are nice. :)

Do you have some favorites?
I'll have to check out INXS and Imagine Dragons. A classic is Talking Heads' "Stop Making Sense" on blu ray (has several sound mix options)--this is one to blast at reference levels. If you're in a quieter mood, Roy Orbison's blu ray "Black & White Night" has a star-studded guest line up: Springsteen, K.D. Lang, Tom Waits, Elvis Costello, T Bone Burnett, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
That's been the line in many sy-fi movies.

No, I didn't know. Will he get a good facelift first? ;) ;)
Well, yeah, I suppose you can say that about future-esque sci-fi films like Running Man, et al. Although John Carpenter's vision for the future societies isn't quite as welcoming, evidenced by the post-apocalyptic hellscapes he paints in Escape From New York/L.A.

Still, there's something SO visceral and direct about what's being suggested in Demolition Man....you can really see it coming to pass. I don't think, the way we're going anyway, that society will evolve into the "happy happy joy joy" robed bullshit we see in Brambilla's film (because we're still punching each other out on airplanes over mask mandates and all that) but I do believe that some of what is depicted there can come to fruition in terms of the market control, surveillance obsession, etc.

With regard to the sequel -- I hope he gets a face lift first, though I don't know exactly where the plot is going to go. Maybe they will explore Spartan's daughter character being that she was brought up multiple times in the original? Is it going to be a direct continuation of the first one or is it going to be set much further into the future than 2032? Or maybe Sly is going to wait until 2032 to launch the sequel so that it's kind of the here-and-now?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I'll have to check out INXS and Imagine Dragons. A classic is Talking Heads' "Stop Making Sense" on blu ray (has several sound mix options)--this is one to blast at reference levels. If you're in a quieter mood, Roy Orbison's blu ray "Black & White Night" has a star-studded guest line up: Springsteen, K.D. Lang, Tom Waits, Elvis Costello, T Bone Burnett, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt.
I’ll definitely check those 2 out.

I was able to find quite a few concerts on AppleTV 4K by searching for artists so that’s another way if you have the $10/mo subscription to Apple Music. I’d still prefer the disc but pretty cool to find a 1991 concert from Nirvana in there for example. :)

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Maybe watch the 1st 3 episodes of the Disney + Marvel What If....? series tonight if I get the chance. Home for 1 night between vacation stops, then off on a other vacation again starting tomorrow for 7 days.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
this is a few people's acid trip put on the big screen

a walking shark
a rat whisperer
a walking weasel
a giant waking starfish
a polka dot thrower

it made me laugh more than any other movie before
the retina scanner scene made me tear up
if this movie did not make you laugh you are a terrorist

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
We saw Black Widow in theater today. I thought is was pretty good. And only $15 for two for early show. Theater almost empty, perhaps a dozen.
Wonder where that orbiting station was supposed to be with all of it coming apart and falling everywhere.
her sister was funny
"what's that thing you do with your hair"?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis