What are you watching tonight?

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
It was recorded so it might have been last week. I also have the DVD packed away in a moving box haven't got around to unpacking all my DVDs yet. (I moved 6 months ago). :)
I see; you didn't upgrade to the Blu-ray? Do you own the Two-Disc Special Edition like I just viewed?

To my eyes, the new digital transfer Warner Bros. gave the film for this 2004 release looks fine upconverted to 4K...

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I see; you didn't upgrade to the Blu-ray? Do you own the Two-Disc Special Edition like I just viewed?

To my eyes, the new digital transfer Warner Bros. gave the film for this 2004 release looks fine upconverted to 4K...
No just the standard DVD. Most of my newer DVD purchases are Blue Ray but I haven't upgraded the older ones.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
No just the standard DVD. Most of my newer DVD purchases are Blue Ray but I haven't upgraded the older ones.
Do you mean most of your newer FILM purchases are on BLU-RAY?

I have only been upgrading if a DVD looks especially poor or if the disc had no anamorphic/widescreen enhancement (my Panasonic Ultra HD 4K disc player cannot "zoom" these non-anamorphic discs up to their correct aspect ratio like my previous players could, so they won't look right on my Samsung 4K display).

I also wanted to keep my full screen DVDs, but, alas, the Panasonic won't allow those to be blown up to fill the screen (as I prefer), so we've been replacing those with Blu-rays or 4K Blu-rays, too. :mad::rolleyes:

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
These days I haven't even purchased any Blue Rays or DVDs let alone upgrading what I already have. Just me but I have like 4 packing boxes of DVDs and Blue Rays that I haven't unpacked yet. I have tons of CDs and LPs that I have unpacked and they take a lot of real estate in my condo. :)

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I'll only watch (and continue collecting) physical media...

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Don't usually do this but watching CNN and Fox to hopefully get a declared winner. Probably not gonna happen tonight.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
That is Charlotte Flair. Ric Flairs daughter.
Is it really?

Didn't recognize her; loved WWF back when the legends like Flair, Andre, Piper, Kamala, Slaughter, Sheik were popular. Absolutely LOVED Roddy Piper; he was my favorite (RIP). Never missed an episode of Piper's Pit, and I have fond memories of some of the best ones -- like during one of the WrestleManias when he had Morton Downey Junior on and blew the fire extinguisher in his face...

Absolutely great, sorely missed times.

Anyone remember SATURDAY NIGHT'S MAIN EVENT? I used to tape that off the air when they were on; so many great memories with that show, too, like Mean Gene interviewing Randy Savage and Elizabeth....

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I was a fan when I was a young boy. It had been years since I had watched the “Raslin”. Sometimes around 1996/1997 I found out that A few of my friends got together and cook and drink beer and watch the wrestling. Turned into a weekly Monday night Raw party that lasted about 2 years. Wrestling became extremely popular around that time “ attitude era”.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Too bad it's a former shadow of itself now, with ridiculous characters and just plain dumb scenarios; I always said that after Dwayne Johnson pulled his Rock character out of WWE, the whole thing went to shite.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Never understood the fascination with "pro" wrestling when I was a kid, it was so obviously fake and just a show like my parents warned me....but it was more like roller derby back then, way before the WWF/WWE etc came into existence, so way cheesier than WWF/WWE.....and that's a lot of cheese.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Looks interesting any good?

Watched like 30 min just to test on the audio/video. Its superb. My mouth dropped on how good the surrounds were and blacks are fantastic. I bet the 4K is outstanding. 2 bucks at the thrift store!
C49037B2-66FB-49A8-9EAB-E8A72B4E117F.jpeg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis