What active louspeaker for bluesound node 2i in a mini living room?

H

HEGOM

Audiophyte
hello all,
i would try to set a decent audiophile-like set for a mini living room .
I have no much space, so i thought that i can set a flat screen (55'') and a good soundbar OR i can put a couple of mini active loudspeaker ( nice to see, have to have a wood look) AND a bluesound node 2i. I have a LOT os hires flac files , so i could listen them through the good bluesound DAC and active loudspeakers. I cant use (and dont usually do it) them to high volume, but i need the best audio reproduction possible. Cant buy a 1000 euro couple od kef, but hope i can get something good with much less possibly.
Any idea?
Thank you for your precious answers :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Mini active loudspeaker means what size particularly? Not sure what will come with veneered finishes for your budget in any case. Not familiar with what's available in europe but perhaps something like a JBL LSR308? What does the KEF LS50W go for there? What's on your short list? What have you experience with?

H

HEGOM

Audiophyte
hello Lovin' !
JBL are at 289 euro here on amazon. Kef are about 1000 euro (too much for me).
I was oriented for Audiogenic A5 + classic, but some review tells they tend to be a little 'boombastick' , exspecially if you put them at less than 40 cm from a corner....
well i dont have too much spave. only a bookshield side to side with tv... i need something i can keep on bookshelves and sound good without 'boom' around.....

actually in another home, i have floorstanding focal and onkyo amplifier. its ok even if i know its not 'pure' audiophile

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No experience with Audioengine but they seem to generally get good remarks. I have a pair of the LSR305s, and think they're quite nice, they might even suffice in a very small room, but think the 308s would be a bit better, particularly if not using a sub.

Might try this guy's take on each:

ps "pure" audiophile is mostly nonsense. Nothing wrong with some Focal towers and an Onkyo amp.....or active speakers in a simple setup.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Mini active loudspeaker means what size particularly? Not sure what will come with veneered finishes for your budget in any case. Not familiar with what's available in europe but perhaps something like a JBL LSR308? What does the KEF LS50W go for there? What's on your short list? What have you experience with?
Its very hard to judge between OP's and what they are trying to accomplish. In this situation, the OP has a very nice streamer in the Bluesound node 2i. Very nice little engine. Given what it is capable of, I think your suggestion of the KEF LS50's is outstanding. That's a great speaker and for a small, simple but elegant setup you'd be hard pressed to come close. Its more money. But, that's what I think many OP's miss. That extra expense is what brings home the sound you are looking for. No disappointments when you reach up high enough.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Its very hard to judge between OP's and what they are trying to accomplish. In this situation, the OP has a very nice streamer in the Bluesound node 2i. Very nice little engine. Given what it is capable of, I think your suggestion of the KEF LS50's is outstanding. That's a great speaker and for a small, simple but elegant setup you'd be hard pressed to come close. Its more money. But, that's what I think many OP's miss. That extra expense is what brings home the sound you are looking for. No disappointments when you reach up high enough.
I've heard many very nice things about the LS50W, but no experience. The JBLs are no slouches either. But as in general, I'd spend as much on the speakers as possible (and necessary)....the Bluesound thing might be nice but I'd probably spend less on that aspect to begin with.

Last edited:
H

HEGOM

Audiophyte
thank so much to you all for your suggestions that iam considering. What iam afraid of, is that , since iam in the phase of restructuring this new home, i can set many 'connections' under trace in the wall, and prepare for eventual couple of loudspeakers near the wall. BUT i dont know how much space they will need from the wall for avoiding the 'boom' factor. Idea.... what about a GOOD soundbar i can use for audio too? for VERY hifi i could listen with a GOOD headphone....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis