What’s in your closet?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
The Electrovoice Interface 1 Series II was a two way ported speaker. Sounded pretty darn good and could get very loud too for its size. The foam succumbs to foam rot though, so I have to order new surrounds. These were around $2k retail back in the mid '80s (over $5k in today's money) but I worked as a repair tech at an audio shop so I only had to pay $1k for the pair. Got a lot of years out of these but did not have enough space in our current home and changed to Paradigm in-walls. Hope to pass these along to a family member. (Photo is from CanuckAudioMart)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Just audio or in general?

My office closet is also a server closet, but all that is in use. There are also enough parts to build multiple PCs, but it's all older, working stuff.

I've got a box of speakers that were for my Cambridge Soundworks speaker system for my PC. Those and some from an old Kenwood 5.1 setup.

Got a set of old Pioneer towers in my garage with a KLH sub sitting on top. I thin there are some Aiwa speakers in there too back from highscool.

Got a 70" Vizio taking up space in my game room since it's slowly turning purple.

Got a bunch of unused AVRs too. My first one (Kenwood again) and my newer Pioneer 512 that was dirt cheap, but very good. There are a few subwoofer drivers under my HT riser that I should probably use with the plate amp that's sitting in a drawer.

I need to get rid of some stuff...

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Well this got me to looking around so I’ve found in the back room 1 pair of jbl ES-30’s
Two jbl SW-1200 subwoofers.
1 Jbl LC-2 center , 4 way speaker which I do like .
One RX-500 Sansui two channel reverb .
One carver AV - 405 5 channel amp .
Couple boxes of wires rca’s, speaker cables . A spare monster cable power center . Mabey I should quit digging lol !

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Well this got me to looking around so I’ve found in the back room 1 pair of jbl ES-30’s
Two jbl SW-1200 subwoofers.
1 Jbl LC-2 center , 4 way speaker which I do like .
One RX-500 Sansui two channel reverb .
One carver AV - 405 5 channel amp .
Couple boxes of wires rca’s, speaker cables . A spare monster cable power center . Mabey I should quit digging lol !
So you don't want to tell us that you have a couple of Audioquest cables and Bose speakers? :D

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
So you don't want to tell us that you have a couple of Audioquest cables and Bose speakers? :D
No none of that nonsense here lol never owned any Bose although have herd a few setups at friends places and was even more convinced not to ever own any . Do have some cables I picked up when circuit city went down the tubes monster cable rcas m series cables still in the boxes packed away in the back .

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
This is a great thread. I'm trying my best to live up to the idea that I'm not going to buy closet gear with my hobby of looking for used deals which is how I built up about half of my systems. Now my rule is that anything i buy should be good enough to have a chance at least to send something in use to the closet vs buying something that goes straight there.

That said, this thread had me making an offer on an older AVR for under $50 that i "MIGHT" could use in my office if my receiver there goes bad.... I might have a problem

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I do have an entry level AQ interconnect between my HK3490 receiver and NAD CD player. Paid $20 for it 6 or 7 years ago I wouldn't buy another AQ product but I'm not going to trash this either as is seems well made without any of the fantastic AQ claims. Also have a BOSE wave that I use as an alarm clock. Same thing I have it but probably wouldn't buy another one.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
To start. I have 2 Onkyo M282 amps. Each has one channel out. :rolleyes:

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I have bose crap in the garage that a "friend' dropped off thinking he was doing me a favor.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
When Logitech announced they to where exciting the universal remote business I bought two Elite Harmony remotes where one is in the ”closet” as a spare, and still unopened.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I do have an entry level AQ interconnect between my HK3490 receiver and NAD CD player. Paid $20 for it 6 or 7 years ago I wouldn't buy another AQ product but I'm not going to trash this either as is seems well made without any of the fantastic AQ claims. Also have a BOSE wave that I use as an alarm clock. Same thing I have it but probably wouldn't buy another one.
And now I have some BOSE noise cancelling ear buds as a Christmas gift from my sister. Haven't taken out of the box yet but they should work well with my Android.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
When Logitech announced they to where exciting the universal remote business I bought two Elite Harmony remotes where one is in the ”closet” as a spare, and still unopened.
That reminds me. I have 3 of those in mine just in case. Not the elite though, the home control model or whatever it's called.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
After the other finds I came across a box of xlr to rca interconnects that I had made up with canare 4e6s star quad cable and canare F 10 rcas on one end and neutric xlr ends male and female ends that I used on some pro gear intergration and experimentation which most not have had merit or they wouldn’t be in a box in the closet . May need to buy some F 10’s and have a project in the making .

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Not exactly a closet but currently not-in-use is Panadaman617's 65" LCD and those Swerd built, Dennis Murphy MB27s. I suppose Pandaman 617's SVS12-NSD is extra as well. One of those TLS aligned 10" JBL subs is also not in use.

And if I do away with all the extra amps in the living room. a 2 channel amp and a couple of monoblocks are, again, NOT in the closet but not in use. The f^%&ed up part is that I want more gear to not use if need be.

I think I've been coming to the wrong place to get help for my audio habit.

This IS the bad place. :D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Whats in my closet. A OPPO 93, a Denon CD player and a pair of KEF K140 speakers.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
And now I have some BOSE noise cancelling ear buds as a Christmas gift from my sister. Haven't taken out of the box yet but they should work well with my Android.
I have two pairs of Bose Quiet Comfort earbuds, one passive and one active noise-cancelling. Probably paid too much for them ;) but they sound way better than the stock Samsung buds.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I have two pairs of Bose Quiet Comfort earbuds, one passive and one active noise-cancelling. Probably paid too much for them ;) but they sound way better than the stock Samsung buds.
Thats what I like most about mine. They were a gift. :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
And don't get me started about cables. I've got quite a few interconnects and speaker cables from years gone by. A couple of cheap monster interconnects and some 10 foot speaker runs of Blue Jeans and Cables 2 go. I also think I have some 6 foot runs of AudioQuest Type 4 and Sewell Silverbacks. They came to Florida from Texas when I moved here but 6 foot runs were too short for my new setup. Come to think of it I haven't seen the 6 foot runs lately so I might have disposed of them. I really wanted to use the Blue Jeans but the bananas didn't fit so I might have to sell them.
PS that stuff was all purchased when I still thought cables made a difference.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis