Wharfedale Speakers

T

tonygraber

Audiophyte
I found some speakers I'm considering for my Music 1st (home theater is 2nd) surround system ...

I'm going to run this (as a seperate system from my reference 2 channel audio) but still want musical

Denon 3803 (could go to 3805 but I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $400 I'd have to pay ... any feedback there is welcome).

Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 Three-Way Tower Speakers - Pair -- Silver -- Opened Box
SKU: WHARFDB9.5S $299.95
Regular Price: $900 Thier normal selling price $799.99

NOTE they look decent, the Diamond 9 series seems good, I'm generally pleased with Tannoy, Mordaunt Short, and such for 'mid fi musical sounding gear'

CENTER CHANNEL ... matching one ...
9CS Open box, silver $117.73 My Price
List $399.99 Their normal price $349.99

SUBWOOFER ... What Hi-Fi? Magazine "Subwoofer of the Year"

Wharfedale
SW150 150-Watt Powered Subwoofer -- Silver -- Opened Box
SKU: WHARFDBSW150S
$197.25 My price
List price $499.99 ... their normal price $449.00

??? They have another, same model, same color, same price ... should I be looking at two while this deal is available ???

While there certainly are other considerations, of the type I'm after, matched, running full range fronts and side/rear (for full effect and with DVD-A and SACD playback ... plus at this price why bother with small surrounds) if these are good speakers, this is certainly an attractive $$$ price if the quality is good.

I just don't find much on the web or in terms of reviews on these.

Any knowledgeable feedback would be appreciated (anyone with specific info on these please feel free to email me directly).

Thanks.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis