Wharfedale Pacific Evo 30 and 40

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Anyone have the opportunity to hear these speakers? &nbsp; I really love the aesthetics of these speakers (would go a long way in the Wife Approval Factor) , &nbsp;especially, &nbsp;the Maple. &nbsp;

I'd like to hear anyone's experiences with these speakers.

I'm also interested i hearing the new Wharfedale Opus 60 and 70's. &nbsp;Although, &nbsp;they are new and are not in the local stores yet.</font>

S

steviem1961

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Anyone have the opportunity to hear these speakers? &nbsp; I really love the aesthetics of these speakers (would go a long way in the Wife Approval Factor) , &nbsp;especially, &nbsp;the Maple. &nbsp;

I'd like to hear anyone's experiences with these speakers.

I'm also interested i hearing the new Wharfedale Opus 60 and 70's. &nbsp;Although, &nbsp;they are new and are not in the local stores yet.</font>
Hi,i have a pair in maple finish,and can honestly say,AMAZING,in my opinion,so full of life and warm,this is my third set of wharfdales in 30 years,Denton 2,Laser 200,then the evo's,but sadly i don't listen to them much these days,i burst my eardrums and now i can't hear any low frequency(Bass),My van system sounds better,as i can hear midrange not to bad,but i would recommend the evo's,and it really does my head in when i have someone in and they say they sound fantastic,coz i know,i remember how they sound,pure bummer,stevie

Spkr_Bldr

Spkr_Bldr

Full Audioholic
I have tons of experience with modern Wharfedale stuff. I've had Evo 40's and 30's, a full set of Pacific 40's 30's and the Center. I've had some of the Modus and Opal stuff also.

Before I knew any better I thought they were pretty good. For a period of about 3-4 years I really enjoyed them. I got them at good prices, and they compared well to lots of stuff I listened to at local shops.

However, the love affair ended very abruptly when I started building my own speakers. One of my early DIY designs was a Vifa XT25 tweeter and GR Research M-165x woofer. When I A/B compared it to the Evo 40's my jaw dropped, everything I thought I enjoyed about the Wharfedales was quickly realized as false. The DIY speaker simply wiped the floor with it in every way, in comparison the Evo 40 was slow, bloated, veiled, and sounded like the signal was being completely smeared in the time domain. That particular DIY speaker isn't exactly what I'd call detailed, but in comparison it conveyed infinately more detail.

I'm not promoting DIY speakers, just saying the Evo and many many other speakers out there only sound acceptable when heard on their own. In comparison with well designed and integrated speakers they'll fall on their face.

They do look nice though ;) I still have a pair of totally reworked Evo 40 cabs in my basement that I'll do something with someday.

N

newaudiofile

Audioholic
I have the evolution 10 in rosewood as my mains in my HT. They are amazing! I have a powercube sub to go with them and it really is good combination. As to if there are other better speakers than the the evolution, I'm sure there are, and i'm sure the prices are higher too.
Not to mention that the evolutions are BEAUTIFUL. Something that goes along with the decoration of my hall and HT.

Hope this helps :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I have also been very happy with my Evo 30's. I have a maple pair and the are a nice looking speaker. Oh and they happen to sound great to me too.:D

I find them to be a very "neutral" speaker. I came to them from a horn design that I found fatiguing. The play deep enough to really enjoy "pure direct" and the mid-range clarity is where they excel.

I have just this past week come across a deal to good to pass up on the newer Evo 2 50 models. These have the 3" mid-range driver like what is on the flagship Opus line. I am getting rosewood because they are a better fit for my decor.

No the question is how do I tell my wife:eek: and what to do with my Evo 30's:rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis