J

Joe Gee

Audiophyte
I recently acquired a like new pair of Wharfedale Opus 2 Speakers. These belonged to a friend of mine who never used them and is no longer with us. I am curious as to their value. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Opus 2 what? Opus 2 are range of speakers. Some of them are towers and some bookshelves.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Could you add a photo of front without grills please ?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
MSRP on them when they first came out was around $3000 for the pair. Usual street price was $2000.

Ebay pricing on them now I would say would be less than a grand. They never got a huge following to keep the prices up like some B&W or PSB models.

I am a fan of Wharfedales. I have the Opus 2 Center and the EVO2 50's which have a similar driver configuration to the Opus line.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Very pretty. Shame they aren't more popular in States

J

Joe Gee

Audiophyte
Should I ask $800-900 for the pair and start there? I’ve seen some sold individually..

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I think you could try $1199 a pair and let someone talk you down. If you start there at the low number, it's impossible to get more.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
humans are stupid. haggling down from $1200 to $1000 "feels" like better deal than paying straight up $800 for same item.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I would try to get $1200 and see what happens. Those look to be in excellent condition.

Do you have the boxes? They may have to be shipped Freight if I remember correct. I know mine did not come via FedEx or UPS.

Where are you located?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis