Well I went and did it - SVS PB12-Plus/2

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Well I went and did it. I just ordered an SVS PB12-Plus/2 in rosewood. I haven't even unpacked my sound system (moved 2 weeks ago). BTW I'm looking for an installer to fish and run some cables in the Hemet California area. Call it 4 hours work.

BJP

BJP

Audioholic
900 watts, 2 x 12.3" woofers, 140 lbs. You'll love it! Except moving it around:) . I find the SVS to be smooth, deep and powerful. Have fun.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
It's here and what a beast to unpack and place by yourself! I'm still dialing it in but so far I'm impressed. I fitted it with one port plug to get me down to 20hz. Please note that these are strickly first impressions. I first loaded up Marcus Miller's M2 CD. Wow what a huge difference from my old Velodyne CHT-12. Much, much, much cleaner and much deeper. So much had been missing or muddied that it was almost like I was only now really hearing it for the first time. Next I watched We Were Solders. Amazing. My only complaint was at times I could feel the air movement from 6 feet away. Anyway so far I'm very impressed.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Hemet huh? Wow, that's a small town. The only reason I've even heard of it, is I'm from San Diego, and I used to date a girl that lived up there.

Enjoy your sub.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
darien87 said:
Hemet huh? Wow, that's a small town. The only reason I've even heard of it, is I'm from San Diego, and I used to date a girl that lived up there.

Enjoy your sub.
We have similar systems. I have the VR3s and chose an older model but unused VR10 center because it's a 3 way, and a much better sonic match to the VR3s than my old (but newer model) VR910 center. BTW I've been living here (late father's home) 5 weeks, new from Chino, and then the OC 4 years before that. Sadly Hemet is growing up fast , but at least it's still the home of some of the best breakfasts in SoCal. About the only thing we are missing is a Costco or any kind of audio/video store above Radio Shack or Wal-Mart. Well at least we will have FIOS and FIOS TV with-in the next 12-24 months - I saw a sub-duct crew ready to go on the main drag.

BTW I've taken a few dates to Julian, That's in your neck of the woods and highly recommended.
http://www.julianca.com/orchards/index.htm

Last edited:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, we used to go to Julian and buy apple pies every so often when I was growing up. Unfortunately, I live in the Bay Area now. Some day I'll get back to San Diego though. Just counting the minutes until the Chargers whoop up on the Steelers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis