Well I finally caved

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Got myself a 360 today with Gears of War 2. Will probably end up ordering Halo 3 from Amazon later this week as well along with Left 4 Dead. The PS3 game content this holiday season has just not been there since the release of MGS4 and Xbox Live does have the better online experience. I was afraid to get a 360 because of the RROD but I got one of those new Jasper units and it is almost silent compared to my brother in law's Elite.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
The Jasper is the newest chip set. In addition to the 65nm CPU from Falcon, it also has a 65nm GPU.

Congrats on your wise purchase Gus. :D There are a lot of excellent games for the 360. It's why I never got a PS3, lack of games.

Jim

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
Nice :)

Have you decided on the next games to buy? Forza 2 and GTA 4?

I'm currently playing Shaun White Snowboarding, the sound effects are excellent and it there's a lot of low frequency content. Every time there's an avalanche my sub get's ready for take off :D

There's also a lot of good small games in the marketplace, Puzzle Quest is a good time waster.

Don't forget to install the game to the 360's hdd, this will save you from hearing the DVD drive taking off, but I guess you might know this by now, just making sure ;)

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Got myself a 360 today with Gears of War 2. Will probably end up ordering Halo 3 from Amazon later this week as well along with Left 4 Dead. The PS3 game content this holiday season has just not been there since the release of MGS4 and Xbox Live does have the better online experience. I was afraid to get a 360 because of the RROD but I got one of those new Jasper units and it is almost silent compared to my brother in law's Elite.
the original Gears is pretty good too.

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
Good choice. The 360 has so many things it does well. There are a ton of great games out, old and new. I have a PS3 also, but I find myself usually buying games for the 360. I have a day one system, which had the dreaded rrod last spring. Did you think about Mass effect, Dead Space, the orange box (great deal for the price). Anyway enjoy, and see you online.... my gamertag is sixsec assassin.

Oh where do you go to install the games to the hd? I remember hearing about that but I don't know where to go thanks.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Good choice. The 360 has so many things it does well. There are a ton of great games out, old and new. I have a PS3 also, but I find myself usually buying games for the 360. I have a day one system, which had the dreaded rrod last spring. Did you think about Mass effect, Dead Space, the orange box (great deal for the price). Anyway enjoy, and see you online.... my gamertag is sixsec assassin.

Oh where do you go to install the games to the hd? I remember hearing about that but I don't know where to go thanks.
I don't think the update is out yet to install games on the HDD. So far I am addicted to Gears 2. Although my Live connection is sucking right now because I can only do wireless and the config I have using an old laptop with ICS isn't working too good. I might have to get the wireless adapter but it only supports WEP/WPA and my home network is WPA2. I ended up ordering Halo 3 from Amazon for cheap as well as the rechargeable battery kit. I think next game will be Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil 5. I downloaded the Japanese demo of RE5 and it's great.

gamertag: G EXIA 00

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
Go to games library, choose the game and then "Install to Hard disk" ;)

Gus, I had your problem with my wireless connection not getting to my xbox. I bought the Netgear XAVB101 homeplug adapters and they're working flawlessly.
I'm currently typing this at my laptop connected to one of the adapters :D

C

chris6878

Audioholic
There are a alot of good games for the PS3. Even though many of the games are on the same consols. One game for the PS3 that everyone should try is Valkirya Chronicles. Gran Turismo is another. I think the 360 is good for just games but if you want an all in one system the ps3 is the one to get. Or just get them all.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't think the update is out yet to install games on the HDD. So far I am addicted to Gears 2. Although my Live connection is sucking right now because I can only do wireless and the config I have using an old laptop with ICS isn't working too good. I might have to get the wireless adapter but it only supports WEP/WPA and my home network is WPA2. I ended up ordering Halo 3 from Amazon for cheap as well as the rechargeable battery kit. I think next game will be Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil 5. I downloaded the Japanese demo of RE5 and it's great.

If it's an option, you should consider getting a powerline ethernet kit for the 360. It works great.

I believe there is a way to make a USB adaptor with N and WPA2 working, but I'll have to get back to you on that. Also, if you have a Linksys WRT54GL laying around, you could flash its firmware and use it as a client bridge for the 360.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief

Don't get the xbox wireless adapter. Pick up a wireless router for $40 and run it as a bridge. Connect that to your 360 with a short ethernet cable. Twice as good, half the price :)

Edit: didn't see Nemo's post. What he said, though it doesn't have to be that model Linksys.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I bought a wireless bridge which is more flexible than the Xbox adapter. I use it for both my Xbox360 and my BluRay player. I don't remember which model I got but I wrote about it under the reviews forum. (I just set it up and it works so I haven't had to think about it.)

Jim

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis