Well Designed Stereo Furniture

Vancouver

Vancouver

Full Audioholic
Has any one seen any interesting furniture which can support a Plasma, center channel and 3-4 pieces of home theater/stereo equipment? I would also need it to hide a large amount of cables. It needs to be low enough for the plasma to sit on top and be viewed while sitting on a coach.

It seems like it would be an easy thing to find BUT after looking into all the most popular guys like www.bello.com or www.bdiusa.com I have found nothing that looks good and can do everything I need. I am very close to having something custome made, but I have heard not to do that because it not safe wtha plasma, and I am to lazy ;)

So far I like this the best, but there is not enough space between the shelves to put a reciever.

www.i-plasma.com

Last edited:
M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
Check out AudioAdvisor.com

They have a huge selection of furniture solutions (I got the buzzwords). Great closeouts on cables and equipment too. You can find demo stuff there at almost 50% off retail. I've bought from them twice and have been very pleased both times.

L

Lincoln

Audioholic
I don't know how much you want to spend but I have a Salamander Synergy Twin 40 in Walnut w/ black posts, mesh doors, and walnut side panels and I'm about to add their Plasma mount option to mine. It's well built, configurable, good looking furniture but it's not cheap (inexpensive). They also make a center channel speaker shelf and have many different heights (20,30,40) as well as widths (single, twin, triple). My rack with all the options except the plasma mount was about $1500, the mount is $399. They also have some cool looking polished feet that I didn't get before b/c I had a 300lb TV (plus over 100lbs of other electronics) on the stand previously and the optional feet were not guaranteed to hold the weight I was carrying in the stand at that time. Now that I'm using a 60lb LCD I could get cool feet.

www.mander.com is the URL. I believe AudioAdvisor.com carries Salamander and they are an excellent company to do business with BUT they don't carry all the finishes and configurations so I purchased mine locally and saved the expense of shipping 200lbs of large boxes.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis