Well Designed DIY speakers...

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
While I would rather use accuton mids rather than the AT mids he prefered, how about Shinobiwan's LGT speakers. I couldn't find more pics because his hosting service seems to no longer exist, though

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
While I would rather use accuton mids rather than the AT mids he prefered, how about Shinobiwan's LGT speakers. I couldn't find more pics because his hosting service seems to no longer exist, though

Why do I not own that? :(

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
This one might not move you to tears for its imposing presence, but for sheer geek power, my vote goes to, Don Keele's CDT-36 Array.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Obviously won't compare to the Salon 2, but look at that cabinet work!

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Sound quality first, looks second. But boy do some of those look nice.

How about removing my name from the OP. It appears you have some sort of vendetta against me with my name there. ;)

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
How about removing my name from the OP. It appears you have some sort of vendetta against me with my name there. ;)
I can't. It's been too long. Regardless, no vendetta at all. Even after the argument we had today. :) I put it there simply because this thread was directed toward you. I made this thread specifically to show you DIY designs that are competent and nice looking. :D

No hard feelings or vendetta. :D

Reading it, no one would even know we had a tiff. It just says here are some designs you should look at. How would people know (until they read this :p) that you aren't looking for a DIY project and I'm helping you find it? :D

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
If only I'd payd attention in wood work other then chaseing kids around with the sore vaccume

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
I can't. It's been too long. Regardless, no vendetta at all. Even after the argument we had today. :) I put it there simply because this thread was directed toward you. I made this thread specifically to show you DIY designs that are competent and nice looking. :D

No hard feelings or vendetta. :D

Reading it, no one would even know we had a tiff. It just says here are some designs you should look at. How would people know (until they read this :p) that you aren't looking for a DIY project and I'm helping you find it? :D
Fair enough, although I know where to look for competent DIY designs. Thanks, though. :) Honestly, I am more interested in measurements and stuff. I rule out speakers based on measurements, then I go listen to the ones that made the cut; aesthetics come into play near the end...well, unless my wife is around, in which case they come into play first (DOH! :eek:).

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Obviously won't compare to the Salon 2, but look at that cabinet work!

They simply veneered these with linoleum instead of woodgrain (see "countertop" below the speakers).
It is certainly a proven durable surface and the options are endless (including woodgrain)!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
They simply veneered these with linoleum instead of woodgrain (see "countertop" below the speakers).
It is certainly a proven durable surface and the options are endless (including woodgrain)!
I don't think it's linoleum. I think it's formica. It does look pretty good though.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Least we forget...

I have a sneaking suspicion that our own TLS Guy has some pretty well designed DIY speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis