"We couldn't find the address" in 2020?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Do I need some venting. The package came from Germany to my city and it's now going back because they couldn't find the address???

In the age of sat-nav, with Google directions, with mobile phones (and mine was clearly stated on the package, I checked) Please don't give me that bull. I bought DSP second hand from a guy and got an excellent price and now these a-holes ate up the difference in price.

And I gave the address of my center of the city wine shop because... well it's the center of the city and it's open from 9 till 21. The number tracking first said they attempted but couldn't deliver it.

Look, this is Zagreb:
1607775835455.png

This is the center:
1607776080348.png

This is the street (and it's a FREAKING Nikola Tesla street!!!):
1607776163418.png

And this here is my little wine shop:
1607776300985.png

We should have an equivalent to Darwin awards for not finding something in this day n' age!!! I dare you to manage not to find it!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Lots of delivery services are capable like that :) Or the stories they create to cover up their mistakes....but they are charging you for their mistake and returning it to sender or ?

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
What a beautiful city!
82C5FB41-73BD-4F27-8DFA-B21BD396DBFE.jpeg

Oh, and sorry to hear about your delivery woes!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Do I need some venting. The package came from Germany to my city and it's now going back because they couldn't find the address???

In the age of sat-nav, with Google directions, with mobile phones (and mine was clearly stated on the package, I checked) Please don't give me that bull. I bought DSP second hand from a guy and got an excellent price and now these a-holes ate up the difference in price.

And I gave the address of my center of the city wine shop because... well it's the center of the city and it's open from 9 till 21. The number tracking first said they attempted but couldn't deliver it.

Look, this is Zagreb:
View attachment 42587

This is the center:
View attachment 42588

This is the street (and it's a FREAKING Nikola Tesla street!!!):
View attachment 42589

And this here is my little wine shop:
View attachment 42590

We should have an equivalent to Darwin awards for not finding something in this day n' age!!! I dare you to manage not to find it!
Oh, a member of the 'Wine Drinker's Guild', I see......:)

Are the buildings in the photo John posted rebuilt, or did they survive WWII?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Oh, a member of the 'Wine Drinker's Guild', I see......:)

Are the buildings in the photo John posted rebuilt, or did they survive WWII?
The city is responsible for the facade and that still works to an extent. They were fixed, but not because of WWII. A lot of buildings in Croatia, especially in the north were made under the Austro-Hungarian Empire so a lot of them are protected and restored.

Anyway, since Croatia was on Hitler's side (except for the Partisan movement), the only bombing could've come from the allies. But since Partisans dealt with it successfully, there was no need. A part of the coast was bombarded by allies since it was under Mussolini.

As far as the wine goes, I'm guilty as charged. It is my drink and I'm in the business as well.

Lots of delivery services are capable like that :) Or the stories they create to cover up their mistakes....but they are charging you for their mistake and returning it to sender or ?
Well, their position is that the address was insufficient (it really wasn't, I checked). I think that the seller and I will change the service and split the expense. The time it would take to prove something to these guys, I don't know. And it could only be done by the sender who is in Germany and never even saw Zagreb...

What a beautiful city!

Oh, and sorry to hear about your delivery woes!
Thanks, man! It does have its charm. I was hoping I'd get to play with the miniDSP for the vacations... I hope I still have the chance. The packages from China arrive quicker and safer. The politicians are all too easy to put you on a guilt trip for buying cheaper from China, but come on, put your things in order.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The city is responsible for the facade and that still works to an extent. They were fixed, but not because of WWII. A lot of buildings in Croatia, especially in the north were made under the Austro-Hungarian Empire so a lot of them are protected and restored.

Anyway, since Croatia was on Hitler's side (except for the Partisan movement), the only bombing could've come from the allies. But since Partisans dealt with it successfully, there was no need. A part of the coast was bombarded by allies since it was under Mussolini.

As far as the wine goes, I'm guilty as charged. It is my drink and I'm in the business as well.

Well, their position is that the address was insufficient (it really wasn't, I checked). I think that the seller and I will change the service and split the expense. The time it would take to prove something to these guys, I don't know. And it could only be done by the sender who is in Germany and never even saw Zagreb...

Thanks, man! It does have its charm. I was hoping I'd get to play with the miniDSP for the vacations... I hope I still have the chance. The packages from China arrive quicker and safer. The politicians are all too easy to put you on a guilt trip for buying cheaper from China, but come on, put your things in order.
What delivery service was it?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
What delivery service was it?
The guy first gave it to Hermes in Germany. It was the only one available through the post office - without the need to get someone to come at your home or workplace and wait for them.

Then Hermes gave it to post.at, which is Austrian post office. I bet the f... up was on my side, Croatian side. Austrian post office gave it to a transport partner in Croatia and they are the one who said they attempted 3-4 times - I can vouch they didn't.

What I mind the most is they not calling me. They had the number. I would explain where and what... Another thing is, the tracking number was of no use. Going through tracking services, I couldn't detect which delivery was it. Otherwise, I would give them a call, gladly to help them find me.

I'd say, here LMGTFY

It's the first result under the ads!

They spoiled my Christmas. I should be allowed to sue! :D:D:D:D:D:D Oh, I'm just farting out loud...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The guy first gave it to Hermes in Germany. It was the only one available through the post office - without the need to get someone to come at your home or workplace and wait for them.

Then Hermes gave it to post.at, which is Austrian post office. I bet the f... up was on my side, Croatian side. Austrian post office gave it to a transport partner in Croatia and they are the one who said they attempted 3-4 times - I can vouch they didn't.

What I mind the most is they not calling me. They had the number. I would explain where and what... Another thing is, the tracking number was of no use. Going through tracking services, I couldn't detect which delivery was it. Otherwise, I would give them a call, gladly to help them find me.

I'd say, here LMGTFY

It's the first result under the ads!

They spoiled my Christmas. I should be allowed to sue! :D:D:D:D:D:D Oh, I'm just farting out loud...
Well you get the logistics services you paid for (or your shipper did). Not many will phone you or work harder than that....but any service that hands off responsibilities this many times is to be avoided. I used to do a lot of logistics work out of Singapore, but at about the time I first retired was about the time Hermes was founded and have not heard of them before (even for the three years I worked 2010-13). For all you know the package never was even on a delivery truck from your last leg, let alone 3-4 times, but if you contacted them directly it could be interesting....

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Thx. I did contact them, but they replied that in order to file a complaint it needs to come from the sender since he paid and he is the customer, not me.

This will almost certainly not happen since the guy feels bad and just wants me to get it ASAP. He'll probably go with another service and not bother with these guys.

I thought it's almost a rule to give at least one call?? Is it really easier to ship it back?

Anyway, will watch another take soon enough.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thx. I did contact them, but they replied that in order to file a complaint it needs to come from the sender since he paid and he is the customer, not me.

This will almost certainly not happen since the guy feels bad and just wants me to get it ASAP. He'll probably go with another service and not bother with these guys.

I thought it's almost a rule to give at least one call?? Is it really easier to ship it back?

Anyway, will watch another take soon enough.
They are entirely correct, but I wasn't talking about filing a complaint particularly.....just to get a further explanation from their side. That they stonewalled you might be more an indictment of themselves :) As to calling, does the post office call you when they have a piece of mail for you? Perhaps on an express delivery service here they might, but that's a substantially more expensive service than a base one.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Never underestimate the ineptitude of delivery services.

I would send out invoices with a Self Addressed Stamped Envelopes with my address as both the sender and return so it could ONLY come to me. You wouldn't believe how many times I would finally get a letter with 3,4,5 return to sender stamps before the idiot mail man would simply leave it in my mail box...

FFS.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis