WDTV LIVE How to access network share using wireless router

P

poweruser123

Audiophyte
Hi Guys,

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2251/roomlayoutt.jpg

I need big help here as you can see in picture I have my room layout and setup, my WDTV live media player is in Room 1, where all my AV equipments are set up properly. my WDTV live media player working well with wireless router Linksys E1200 for buffering Youtube videos, Facebook, AOL HD, Daily motion etc........ The problem is when I try to connect WDTV live with my desktop PC for network share, it won't connect & as I move my WDTV live media player close to my room 2 almost near the door or nearby my desktop PC, I am able to connect with my network share (I have Windows 7 installed on my PC). I just don't know what the real problem here. I have TP-LINK TL-WN951N wireless adapter which has 3 antennas and 300 mbps speed (this is claim by tp-link). So why I not able to connect with my network share. And I can't place my WDTV live media player in room 2 due to my AV equipments. & I can't move my desktop PC to room 1 also..... So how can I able to connect my WDTV Live media player with my desktop PC?.......

As I have Linksys E1200 wireless router so is there any alternative way, with the help of this router( Linksys E1200 ) I can able to connect with my desktop PC network share.....now as you can see my wireless router connected with my ASDL model.(Connection ASDL Ethernet port with Linksys Internet Port).

In my opinion it may be range problem of my wireless adapter which is installed on my desktop PC but is there any device or something which help me to expand my wireless range of my PCI wireless adapter ( TP-LINK TL-WN951N). So i can able to connect.

Please give me some solution on Network share.& please let me know how can I connect those devives.. PLZ PLZ....

Thanks…

spyder152

spyder152

Audioholic Intern
Have you shared the files on your puter, if not, wont work

I have mine wired to the router, then wireless to the wdlive, you'll have to upgrade your router if you plan on streaming hd movies though, i have a netgear wndr 4500 and it barely gets the job done, i'll run a ethernet cable to the wd if it buffers too much. If you have shared your files, you can manually access the files thru the sort & filter content menu, select content source, then network share. hope this helps

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis